Topman release questionable t shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Can someone tell me what they're trying to say here?

Hillsborough football disaster
96 people died
Liverpool play in red
"Karma, what goes around comes around" could be a reference to the Heysel Disaster where Liverpool fans ran at the opposing fans and killed about 33 of them.

Even though the t-shirt wasn't made with the above in mind it couldn't be more of a coincidence, they could have gone full tilt and replaced the rose with Kenny Dalglish.

Caporegime

Some of the comments at the bottom say it could be related to Bob Marley :-

"It's a Bob Marley song reference by the way. What Goes Around Comes Around was released in 1996 (remastered of his work done in the '60's)."
"There's a Bob Marley album released in 1996 called 'What Goes Around Comes Around'. Really hope that's what it's about. Otherwise, that's pretty vile."

To anyone who knows anything about Bob Marley or Tupac on here...what's either of there associations with the colour red, a white rose (I guess), 96, KARMA and "What Goes Around Comes Around"...and for that matter, why would either be commemorated in some way by just Top Shop at this time!?

Don
Tupac is associated with red roses and the “what goes around comes back around” is a Tupac lyric. Note the “back”, it’s not the “what goes around comes around” phrase in reference to karma.

96 is obviously the year he was shot.

Caporegime
I wouldn't have known any link to that. It's quite possible and probable a series of no body knowing about it who pushed it through

Caporegime
OP
Can someone tell me what they're trying to say here?

96 What goes around comes back around. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I thought it was to do with 69 position as in you give oral and get oral back. But if your're in 96 position no one gets anything.

What has this got to do with football though? The football goes round and comes back around? I have no idea what this has to do with football or overcrowding.

It could also be taken as saying karma will come around for those that tried to cover it up and blame the fans.

Man of Honour
Tupac is associated with red roses and the “what goes around comes back around” is a Tupac lyric. Note the “back”, it’s not the “what goes around comes around” phrase in reference to karma.

96 is obviously the year he was shot.

The Mail Online says
The design is an apparent reference to a Bob Marley song dating from 1996.

:)

Associate
could be a reference to the Heysel Disaster where Liverpool fans ran at the opposing fans and killed about 33 of them.

Could you please alter your wording. The Liverpool fans did indeed run at the opposing fans, who in turn tried to escape and were killed by a crumbling collapsing wall they were penned up against. Not directly by the hands of the Liverpool fans as your posts seems to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom