1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr Jack, 15 Oct 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dis86

Suspended

And as I said earlier in the thread "he was just doing his job" is a pathetic excuse and has lead to some of the worst events we've seen in history.
    A good man stands for what's right, regardless of the views of those around them. Voting against equal rights for homosexuals is not good from any perspective. His voting record across all topics shows a consistent bias towards protecting the rich and neglecting the poor, whether through direct votes such as limiting benefits or by protecting the rich from tax increases or schemes that might impact profits (such as requiring companies to enact reasonable current technologies that limit co2 production).

2. The Running Man

Caporegime

Sure so instead of standing up to such views and appealing to constituents, just kill him?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Its fine to disagree with views it's not fine to just go and kill someone you disagree with.

3. Dis86

Suspended

But it wasn't just a debating club because that club took actions. Those actions have killed people. We know that people have starved to death because of benefit cuts, have committed suicide and more recently we've just found out the government's appalling inaction on covid is responsible for nearly 30,000 extra deaths.
    He was an active member of that club.

4. The Running Man

Caporegime

Yes the population voted for those views when they elected the Conservative government.

Maybe you believe that all those who voted should also be killed, without trial and on no particular charges.

Eventually the only ones left will share some if your views, then go kill the ones who don't enforce them strongly enough.

Soon the uk will be like Iran or Pakistan if we go down that route.

5. Dis86

Suspended

Do you honestly believe the population is psychic and knows how the government will act? Keep in mind this is the government that has literally just broken a direct election promise.

6. Hagar

Capodecina

To vote against same sex marriage is not homophobic as some would have it. He was a practising catholic and the last I looked, Members of Parliament can vote with their conscience. He has a 35 year record in Parliament and was well thought of on all sides of the House.
    You @Dis86 may disagree with some of his actions, it does not make him a bad MP.

7. FoxEye

Caporegime

Two-party politics does not help, although you're probably making that comment in a wider context.

Look at the US for further proof of this. Sadly I don't see either country ever changing (i.e. dropping FPTP) so if anything it will probably get worse.

8. The Running Man

Caporegime

How do we think an Islamic extremist would vote on sane sex marriage ?

9. Johno please?

Mobster

Import the third world get the third world. This problem wont be going away, its only a matter of time till the next civilians are picked at random.

10. Dis86

Suspended

He didn't just vote against gay marriage, he voted against allowing homosexual couples the same adoption rights as heterosexual couples, he voted against giving homosexuals the same age of consent as heterosexuals. So his votes weren't just about gay marriage.

I've also provided multiple other examples of morally wrong voting choices he has made as well. These voting choices are there for all to see online.

11. Chris Wilson

Soldato

Even members of parliament in the Labour and Liberal parties have made glowing eulogies about Sir David Amass, far beyond making polite noises, so he was obviously held in the highest regard by many who almost certainly strongly opposed his views and actually KNEW him on a daily basis.

I thought the politicising of Covid was bad, this is going even further now. Many people hold polar views on subjects like homosexuality, benefit levels and testing and military action, a democracy allows constituents to vote in those that present their views to parliament, whether you like those views personally, or not.

I have no TV so am always late with the news, but has anything whatsoever been published saying he was killed for his political views?

12. jpaul

Capodecina

Wonder how many people actually vote, swayed by the personality of their local MP - N.Cambs and never considered it or know his name/biography,
    if I lived somewhere where the MP had a news/commons presence to judge I might do so.

Since this seems to be terrorism , unlike Cox, the discussion on the toxic aspect of Mp behaviour (ie. brexit) will not get the airing I think it should,
    whether Afghanistan exodus was at all the catalyst, in which case ISIS will be emboldened for worldwide actions, any rise in their (encrypted) social media activity ? -
    security for upcoming COP.

13. Neil79

Caporegime

On the news they are banging on about the abuse they get on twitter, and more must be done! - Funny one rule of them and not for others, as my sister some years back was very badly bullied and harassed on Facebook and Twitter, the police told her to just block them :rolleyes::mad:

14. Tom_ed1987

Wise Guy

Morally wrong in your opinion.

15. Hagar

Capodecina

Cox was considered terrorism by more than a few, right wing lone actor. And do not bring brexit into this discussion please. Amess was on the friends of a democratic Iran organisation (faint hope) so he did know people from the ME, I doubt ISIS were at all involved, just some saddo in his bedroom alone, like Cox.

16. Belly

Wise Guy

RIP Sir David.

Perhaps murdering a kind, decent, selfless Member of Parliament might have more impact than murdering a member with a higher and more controversial profile.

Murdering such a member will gain the sympathy of most of the population, a controversial one might not.

17. Dis86

Suspended

No, morally wrong by any modern standard of equality.

18. sigma

Capodecina

In some people's eyes he's a good person for voting that way

19. Dis86

Suspended

As I've literally pointed out above, by modern standards of equality it is not good. You cannot say that having more restrictive laws for people based upon their sexuality is right or fair. He consistently voted to prevent equality of homosexuals in the eyes of the law.

20. Dis86

Suspended

Ah yes, another constructive post. Enlighten me as to how this is adding anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.