Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Disgusting

Not much information yet, stabbed multiple times whilst holding surgery at a Methodist church.

Update:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58930593

Thread pruned (may have missed some posts so RTM if needed).

Please use this thread to pay respects to a man who has died today. If you don't agree with his politics that's fine - just leave the thread and do not post, it's really that simple.

Anyone who continues to bicker/ gaslight / troll etc will not just find themselves thread banned, but will find yourselves on a holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
We're all guilty at times of having little respect for MPs, but goodness only knows what a thankless task it must be for most of them, most of the time. Herding cats would be easier than trying to keep the general public satisfied! And none of them deserve this... we're supposed to be a civilised nation.

Soldato
This was a long time coming when you have so much tory hate and #tags like Toryscum on Twitter on all social media week in and week out getting 10K+ likes, someone who's sick in the head was going to lose all proportion and do something like this. I'm actually surprised it took this long, i hope he lives and the knifeman gets locked away for life

Soldato
This was a long time coming when you have so much tory hate and #tags like Toryscum on Twitter on all social media week in and week out getting 10K+ likes, someone who's sick in the head was going to lose all proportion and do something like this. I'm actually surprised it took this long, i hope he lives and the knifeman gets locked away for life

Raynor should be prosecuted for inciting hatred.

Man of Honour

Before politicising shouldn't we find out whether the attack was actually politically motivated at all, then whether it came from the subset where such things are seen as ok?

I hope he is ok and recovers.

Soldato
Before politicising shouldn't we find out whether the attack was actually politically motivated at all

Unless the knifeman believed the MP personally wrong him somehow i think there's more than a good chance it's politically motivated, let's not shy away from the fact if the knifeman was looking for a random target he would have done someone on the street.

Soldato
Before politicising shouldn't we find out whether the attack was actually politically motivated at all, then whether it came from the subset where such things are seen as ok?

I hope he is ok and recovers.

When an MP is stabbed, unless he happened to be the victim of a random attack (which seems unlikely since he was in a church and the only victim), it would be inherently political. And yes, there are some absolute lunatics who spend half their day demonizing "Tory scum" and blaming them for all the evil in the world, though it could be completely unrelated.

Associate
Hope he recovers ok.
If this turns out to have been politically motivated (& i'd say the chances are very high as alluded to by the poster above), it will be interesting to see how the media response from various left/right corners compares with the murder of Jo Cox a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom