Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Some in here absolutely frothing with glee that a Conservative MP, particularly one on the more hard-line right of the party, has been attacked. Totally predictable and shows the double standards and lack of tolerance.

Any political view held should never lead to this sort of attack. It's an attack on the democracy. Describing someone as a "vile human being" as they lay somewhere with stab wounds inflicted on them by an actual vile human being should get you put on some sort of extremist watch list imo.

Soldato
As demonstrated in the Insulate Britain thread, many peoples default is violence.

Hell, you just have to go out into a city centre to see people think violence is the answer.

No matter the voting record of the MP, he doesn’t deserve to be attacked. However, Angela Rayner isn’t responsible for this. For some to claim that is nonsense and just creates more division. The blame is with the guy who did the stabbing.

Associate
Really shocked by this. I can’t understand why MPs don’t have security. I really hope he pulls through. It is not looking good if he hasn’t been transferred to hospital.

Soldato
Some in here absolutely frothing with glee that a Conservative MP, particularly one on the more hard-line right of the party, has been attacked. Totally predictable and shows the double standards and lack of tolerance.

Any political view held should never lead to this sort of attack. It's an attack on the democracy. Describing someone as a "vile human being" as they lay somewhere with stab wounds inflicted on them by an actual vile human being should get you put on some sort of extremist watch list imo.
+1

Soldato
RIP.

There goes any chance of meeting your MP in the future.
Who knows, IDS just posted this...
Former Conservative leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith said "at the moment … all I can think of are prayers for him and his family" after it was reported Sir David Amess was stabbed several times.

He told the BBC: "The reality for us is that we see constituents all the time, both in their houses and in surgeries.

"We're out and about, we're always available, we must be available, it's the most critical bit of what makes the British parliamentary system I think one of the most accessible in the world, and that's because we want it that way.

"We don't want to be cowed or frightened into doing something different, and I certainly won't, and I know my colleagues will feel the same.

"So I hope this is resolved very, very quickly, as I say, but we will certainly want to continue the way that we do things.

"Of course there may be some other elements that may be added to it, but notwithstanding that I want my constituents to have full access and I'm sure David would have felt the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom