Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Thread pruned (may have missed some posts so RTM if needed).

Please use this thread to pay respects to a man who has died today. If you don't agree with his politics that's fine - just leave the thread and do not post, it's really that simple.

Anyone who continues to bicker/ gaslight / troll etc will not just find themselves thread banned, but will find yourselves on a holiday.

Are we allowed to have a separate thread to discuss his politics or is it forum dictate that any thread involving a death must show complete reverence?

Caporegime
Can you not just leave it a day, or better yet just let it go?

You had nothing to say about him before he was stabbed.

Sure, I have no intention of starting another thread, but in other threads peoples' deaths are actively celebrated and this is condoned so it is nice to get some consistency on the forum rules on death threads. Posts that were entirely inoffensive and reasonable speculating as to motive have been removed in an inherently political thread, if it was titled "remembrance thread" then that would be one thing, but it's not it's a national news story and that obviously generates discussion in a forum. So I appreciate the clarity on the rules. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep tragic that this has happened

as someone else said I’m surprised such an incident hasn’t happened more often, going by how downhill politics has gone

not sure what difference a stabbing will make though , shame it has to come to that.

Pet Northerner
Don
Sure, I have no intention of starting another thread, but in other threads peoples' deaths are actively celebrated and this is condoned so it is nice to get some clarity on the forum rules on death threads. Posts that were entirely inoffensive and reasonable speculating as to motive have been removed in an inherently political thread, if it was titled "remembrance thread" then that would be one thing, but it's not it's a national news story and that obviously generates discussion in a forum. So I appreciate the clarity on the rules. :)

Basically what the thread prior to the prune (of nearly 50% of the posts) was people trying to score left vs right points, which really shouldn't be warranted on a thread like this if you ask me. There are plenty of other topics to score political points.

The man wasn't a monster by any stretch of the imagination (although his politics I do not agree on) and therefore calling out his views as whatever should be left out of this.

Objective discussion as to potential motive (including political drive) can be discussed as long as it's kept civil - which so far hasn't been the case where deletions have occurred.

Capodecina
Soldato
No matter what one feels about him, about MPs, about the Party he represented, about his Political stance or anything else it is incredibly sad for his family and for Democracy in this country.

May he Rest in Peace and his family and friends be left alone to grieve a terrible loss.

Soldato
Regardless of the political stance taken it is unacceptable that anyone should feel threatened let alone murdered.
The argument is won or lost at the ballot box, no other way, if you lose you lose. I have seen decades of governments I disagreed strongly with, but it is what it is.
Then finally one gets in that you thought you wanted and you find they're just as bad, in the end the fairly inert ones are the best.
This man was not an extremist and he was trying to connect with people, he absolutely did not deserve this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom