Total noob be nice lol

Hi guys.
Got a laptop at the moment a decent one but need to build a pc now as I’m running bots for a game and it’s heavy on cpu usage etc.

https://imgshare.io/image/Qf9S7
https://imgshare.io/image/QfW9f

The two images are of one bot running. I’d like to ideally run say 6 of these at the same time so will be a big increase.

These two are for three running at the same time
https://imgshare.io/image/Qfm8g
https://imgshare.io/image/Qfxkx

I’ve seen the ryzen 3600 cpu which looks great for the money and a motherboard.
But would people recommend. Budget wise unsure but not breaking the bank?

Then there’s cases, cards, rgb lighting? And all sorts.

thanks all

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi and welcome Robert.

Would be good to know the actual CPU in the laptop, as the excessive CPU usage on the laptop won't tell us much about what would do the job in a PC, without that info. Search for "System Information" in Windows.

The other question is what sort of GPU you'll need. Sounds like the bots/game don't need much graphics power but what about other things? Will you be playing any other games?

Got a monitor already? If so, which?

Hi Danny.

Monitor will be an older one I’m nicking from work so that’s an easy part lol but it’s a year old or so.

At present this is my laptop

Asus ROG Zephyrus G, GA502DU 15.6” FHD 120hz gaming laptop (Amd R7-3750H NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB, 512GB, PCI-e, SSD, 16GB RAM Windows 10

It’ll purely be for bots no games playing at all. thanks

Man of Honour
This is such a specific requirement it is pretty hard to estimate performance, you'd probably be better off asking for suggestions on forums relating to the game.

A few issues I can see:
- Does having more cores help you? (currently you have 4 I believe?)
- Are you opening multiple instances of the program to run them? i.e. so it doesn't matter if it is multi-threaded or not, similar to VMs?
- How much does Ghz matter, or is just more cores and threads better?
- How much memory does each bot need?

Thanks for that Tetras.
Been told roughly I need 1 core and 2 threads per session, no idea
There is no specific room for this game it’s just an Apple game.
The memory starts at about 1650mb each after a week or so it’ll rise to about 2600mb for each one.
I need the pc to be able to handle say 6 sessions at a time to be able to rotate through all the accounts quickly enough.
So I’m assuming I need a mix of speed the ghz I think and enough storage plus the threads necessary etc. Rest like graphics cards aren’t highly important.

Soldato
Good shout from Tetras.

How about you download HWiNFO64 which can show you the actual thread usage per thread? And start adding sessions, see what usage data shows up. Could make the difference between forking out on a 6 core or 8 core. Memory sounds like you'd benefit from 32GB even though you won't use all of it (just a little more than 16GB now and then).

Man of Honour
From what you have said, it sounds like an 8 core CPU would be helpful, because it would leave 2 cores free for task switching, or potential to add more bots. It depends on how much performance you need per core, but a cheaper 8 core like the 2700 may offer better responsiveness than the 3600, even though the 3600 would bench faster for other kinds of usage.

You might even have the rare kind of use case that some old used low-clocked dual socket Xeon with lots of cores/threads would be preferable to a high-clocked single socket Ryzen, though I personally wouldn't want to get one because of the power usage and buying into an old platform.

Man of Honour
Does this help at all? its the report from running one session.
nope

Would that be good for what I am after then? I'm thinking the graphics card is a bit advanced for me as it's only a bot system, and would a 1TB M.2 be sufficient? and no gpu? Sorry not up on all this haha
well it sounds like you need 6 cores for the bot...so 8 cores minimum
your laptop's gpu is a 1660ti...the next step up is a 2060. of course if you definitely don't need the graphical horsepower can get a cheaper card
again your laptop has a 512gb ssd, so double that and you have 1tb

but that aside, we're speccing builds as if you're going to DIY build it...which i suspect from the nature of your posts that this isn't the case and you'd want a prebuilt?

Sorry trying to see how i can link the report on my laptop to here.

I see what you're saying yeah so more room and should be able to run say 6 sessions at a time and be relatively speedy?

Build wise I won't be doing it, it'll more than likely a custom build from here, just need to check prices.

Man of Honour
Sorry trying to see how i can link the report on my laptop to here.
don't worry about it.
from this:

can roughly see what cpu you'd need
though you haven't posted the gpu section so can't really tell if the 2060 is the best option
(it's the one you'd want...but may not be the one you'd actually need)

Soldato
1390b1s

404 error, not showing either.

Maybe it's the gallery not working. Can try individual pics and right-click on them, "Copy Image" and paste directly here.

Back
Top Bottom