Toy Story 4 Confirmed

Man of Honour
But what happened between Toy Story 2 and 3?!

Said no-one ever.

Oh, I had not read any of the gumph about this, just assumed it was a continuation. That isn't sooooo bad I suppose, but come on, really? There's only so many holes they can patch up with thrown together storylines before it starts getting tedious. I guess they're going to do it with Star Wars so, why not this? I personally wish they'd let it be and get on with something new though.

Soldato
There hasn't been a bad toy story film yet so I have complete faith in them. Pretty much every film they have done has been brilliant. (Finding Dory was a bit average though.)

I'm looking forward to see the quality of the animation. Bet it's spectacular.

Man of Honour
Oh, I had not read any of the gumph about this, just assumed it was a continuation. That isn't sooooo bad I suppose, but come on, really? There's only so many holes they can patch up with thrown together storylines before it starts getting tedious. I guess they're going to do it with Star Wars so, why not this? I personally wish they'd let it be and get on with something new though.
Ha sorry I have no idea what it’s going to be about! Just was postulating how they could get around the fact that the story had ended.

As for Star Wars - I’m a bit fatigued.

Caporegime
There hasn't been a bad toy story film yet so I have complete faith in them.
Yeah, but that's the problem. The three Toy Story films to date are basically a modern miracle, and are very seriously probably the best trilogy of films ever made. Can you name a better trilogy? Most sequels suck enough as it is, and most third films are out and out terrible. To make 3 solid films is incredible. The odds against making a fourth decent film are astronomical.

Soldato
When we went to Orlando in the summer, we were lucky enough to see the premiere of 'A Pixar Musical'. It's a standard show there now in Hollywood Studios that lasts for about 45 mins, but when we saw it, it was for about 4 hours.

It made me remember and realize just how damn good Pixar is. Apart from Cars 2 I honestly can't think of a bad movie, they have all been either good, great or excellent in my opinion.

I have absolute faith that they will smash it out of the ballpark with Toy Story 4.

Man of Honour
When we went to Orlando in the summer, we were lucky enough to see the premiere of 'A Pixar Musical'. It's a standard show there now in Hollywood Studios that lasts for about 45 mins, but when we saw it, it was for about 4 hours.

It made me remember and realize just how damn good Pixar is. Apart from Cars 2 I honestly can't think of a bad movie, they have all been either good, great or excellent in my opinion.

I have absolute faith that they will smash it out of the ballpark with Toy Story 4.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread (in respect of Toy Story), I find that many of their efforts are tainted by characters being obnoxiously twee and chirpy. Inside Out had a brilliant message but some of the characters, in fact all of the personality characters, were a tad lame.... and my god was that imaginary character insaaaaanely annoying!! Why do that!!! Similarly, I could also never get passed the title of Ratatouille. That was annoying in itself before the titular dish even made its obnoxious appearance.

The ‘Finding’ films are easily their best due to their lack of twee-ness. I’m sure for kids it’s all silly fun and games but as an adult Finding Dory, the ending sequence aside, was a borderline stressful watch! Wall-E is also pretty mega.... except for the really annoying and unfunny pizza tree joke (again.... why do this!!!)

Basically they need to hire me for artistic direction.

Permabanned
Yeah, but that's the problem. The three Toy Story films to date are basically a modern miracle, and are very seriously probably the best trilogy of films ever made. Can you name a better trilogy? Most sequels suck enough as it is, and most third films are out and out terrible. To make 3 solid films is incredible. The odds against making a fourth decent film are astronomical.

Back to the Future. I love Toy Story, but Back to the Future trilogy takes it for me.

Caporegime
Back to the Future. I love Toy Story, but Back to the Future trilogy takes it for me.
I find the second is weak and the third is barely a time travel film. The tone of the second is heavy going in particular. I do love the practical effects of the train sequence in the third, though.

The first is one of the greatest films ever made, so it's not all bad ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I find the second is weak and the third is barely a time travel film. The tone of the second is heavy going in particular. I do love the practical effects of the train sequence in the third, though.

The first is one of the greatest films ever made, so it's not all bad ;)

Barely a time travel film? Marty had to travel back to 1885 in western times to save Doc and then they spent half the movie working out how to get him to travel back to the present!

I find the third is the weakest out of the lot but I still love them, they are the sort of movie you can watch over and over and never get bored :)

Back
Top Bottom