Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
I've only managed 100 miles or so, all wet and still in the running in phase. The way it revs out is quite something for a turbocharged lump, grip has been brilliant and brakes even more so. Quite a package.

Really looking forward to seeing what she is like in warm, dry conditions!

You will enjoy it, love having all four wheels squealing for dear mercy, makes it great fun both at 7/10 and 10/10's. :D

Man of Honour
The most surprising thing for me is how much they roll. That takes some getting use to I suspect, when I come from rock solid or active damped stuff?

Associate
You will enjoy it, love having all four wheels squealing for dear mercy, makes it great fun both at 7/10 and 10/10's. :D

Going to visit my mum this weekend and add a good 250 miles to her, fingers crossed for some dry B road action along the way!

The most surprising thing for me is how much they roll. That takes some getting use to I suspect, when I come from rock solid or active damped stuff?

This is quite funny as I don't find they roll that much. Buuuuuuuuut I have an MX5 which is like a boat in comparison! I have never owned any active damped or fully rock solidly bushed cars so I cannot compare.

Soldato
I’m curious if you’re still able to order a new GR Yaris or have they sold out? The website still lets you configure one for what it’s worth.

EDIT: Spoke with dealer earlier and they’re still taking orders with a 12-13 month delivery timeline. Booked a test drive for 05 June. Will be nice to see how it compares to the Audi S1 I used to have which I loved.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m curious if you’re still able to order a new GR Yaris or have they sold out? The website still lets you configure one for what it’s worth.

EDIT: Spoke with dealer earlier and they’re still taking orders with a 12-13 month delivery timeline. Booked a test drive for 05 June. Will be nice to see how it compares to the Audi S1 I used to have which I loved.

So what’s the process with such a long lead time. Put down £1500 and pay the balance in 12 months? I’m seriously tempted as could save up a tidy deposit while it’s being built.....

Im sure it would make a great car for day to day nipping around :D

Soldato
So what’s the process with such a long lead time. Put down £1500 and pay the balance in 12 months? I’m seriously tempted as could save up a tidy deposit while it’s being built.....

Im sure it would make a great car for day to day nipping around :D

I have no idea. Don’t think it’s something I’ll be buying since I just found out that there’s no way to carry a bike on the roof.

Associate
You pop the deposit down, then at delivery or just before if you order online, you transfer the rest of the funds or deposit if you finance and away you go.

Soldato
Shouldn’t be too much longer until mine arrives; boat docked on Sunday and now showing in transit. Should be around mid-June if all goes well. Then off for PPF & ceramic coatings :D

Hopefully Rallyflapz Kaylan (front) arrive in time...

Soldato
There's a vid doing the rounds of a Yellow GR (can't remember the YouTube guys name, nor care that much) of 4 RS Fabrication exhausts in a modular system. One or two of them sound pretty good. How do you get a yellow one :D

Soldato
I don’t have one. I’m not alone in my opinion on this one, they do roll, but that doesn’t mean they don’t grip.
Then they're broken too and what these "content creators" are actually experiencing, in their inexperience, is, I suspect, the placebo effect of high seat position (even in its lowest position) and not massively grippy seats.

Man of Honour
Then they're broken too and what these "content creators" are actually experiencing, in their inexperience, is, I suspect, the placebo effect of high seat position (even in its lowest position) and not massively grippy seats.
Look it was a first impression, it did roll. I spoke to Gibbo about it this weekend. I took it around a large island to give it some beans and it stood out as a first impression. Nothing to do with content creators it’s my first impression and a stand out one together with the high seat.

Associate
It rolls, it has suspension travel, it's a rally car, that's what it is supposed to do finding grip etc, roll is not bad, its a function of suspension, no roll does not automatically equal better, its all about design target.

Whether you feel it rolls will depend on your frame of reference.

Soldato
Whereby you proceeded to ignore the article title "Performs extremely well in moose test" with "surgical dexterity", and, "very well controlled body roll". Yes, Much Roll, Many loose

I'd hazard strong money that this is all about seat position, and the lack of support (subjective) of the drivers seat. Cars with a CoG as low as the Yaris GR (as a car, not as a passenger or driver) keep their roll in check incredibly well.

Look it was a first impression, it did roll. I spoke to Gibbo about it this weekend. I took it around a large island to give it some beans and it stood out as a first impression. Nothing to do with content creators it’s my first impression and a stand out one together with the high seat.

As above, plus you and Gibbo are both really old. :p

Caporegime
Whereby you proceeded to ignore the article title "Performs extremely well in moose test" with "surgical dexterity", and, "very well controlled body roll". Yes, Much Roll, Many loose

I'd hazard strong money that this is all about seat position, and the lack of support (subjective) of the drivers seat. Cars with a CoG as low as the Yaris GR (as a car, not as a passenger or driver) keep their roll in check incredibly well.

As above, plus you and Gibbo are both really old. :p
Jeese defensive, you've got to remember the reference point of Housey and friends rather than accusing them of having broken cars! Its evident it has some roll, no one has said thats a bad thing and roll often equals grip.

I did not ignore the article, i found it, read it and shared it!

Does the Yaris have a low CoG over other cars? it seems you are hinting at it.

Back
Top Bottom