Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
Surely the resale colour for the AMG is green hell? They don’t hang about when listed.

Likewise mclarens, wow do not buy a white/grey mclaren you will not get rid of it. Same cars on AT for 6 months which is mad in this market, anything orange it’s gone in a day.

Soldato
I noticed that when I was shopping for a Lotus as well. The lairy and rarer colours just sell instantly. If you can get an early S1 Elise in a good colour, with MMC brakes you're in for appreciation. I hear Chris Harris was looking for one not long ago :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
And I’ll have a new car then.

I’ve never ever bought anything because it’s on trend. I like the colour, what ‘people’ think means sweet f a to me.

Thats fine, I never said you shouldnt have picked grey, its your car. I just said its boring as Grey has been the most popular car colour for three years in a row now. Car park at work just looks like a sea of dull grey with only a BMW Estoril blue M3 breaking the monotony.

I will be glad when grey has had its day tbh. Plus all the dealers seem to have cars in the different shades of grey for you to view because I guess, thats what the public buy. That and black and white. Thats about 75% of all cars sold covered.

Brown/bronze seems to be the rising trend (or so manufacturers think)

OcUK Staff
OP
Toyota dealers have now stopped taking orders as all of next years allocation is now sold and the rumour amongst Toyota dealerships is they will keep producing them until April and then stop.

So those of us with cars it’s looking very good indeed, future values should remain very strong. :)

Soldato
Still gutted they didn't bring it to America. Such a little Beastie.

I do wish they would fix two things:
1) traction control. It is seriously dangerous in its current form, especially on track.
2) those stupid hazards that flash on hard braking.

OcUK Staff
OP
Still gutted they didn't bring it to America. Such a little Beastie.

I do wish they would fix two things:
1) traction control. It is seriously dangerous in its current form, especially on track.
2) those stupid hazards that flash on hard braking.

What’s wrong with the traction control?
Driven it on track in expert mode and traction fully off but in expert the car never felt like anything was wrong and it never felt intrusive either and I used both sport and track modes.

The hazards are annoying!

Soldato
What’s wrong with the traction control?
Driven it on track in expert mode and traction fully off but in expert the car never felt like anything was wrong and it never felt intrusive either and I used both sport and track modes.

The hazards are annoying!

Watch some videos with people like Misha of Apex, and you will see the TC kick back in mid corner when it is turned off. Apparently it is a PITA to disengage as well just like the Supra, and you have to be fully stopped for it. Obviously they could be doing something wrong, but I doubt it.

I would almost certainly still buy one if I had the option over here. Settled for an STI in the end as the the Yaris wasn't available, and only the Corolla version was potentially coming here, and not much else came close to the Yaris.

Soldato
Top mod for me so far has been getting the geometry set up. Gone with the 2.5 neg front camber bolts and revised toe front and rear. Has brought the car alive, steering has more feedback less numb at the straight ahead, better turn in, less under steer and now it pivots about the apex. Now you can balance the car rather than just hurl it at the scenery.

DTUK tuning box adds a nice bit of extra zip and broads the power band. Switchable from the app, feels very integrated and OEM like.

Exhaust mod done, GPF back fitted with resonator, sounds nicer, not that loud, but side effect the deep bassy tone tends to drone through the body when you open it up. Cruises quiet enough though, so jury is out at the moment on it.

Back
Top Bottom