Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
Unsure, as he didnt snap any of my other studs! I checked the rest of the torques when I got home and all seemed to be fine.

Someone else had his snap and all he was using was a cross brace.

Not to great, they are a critical safety component, hopefully its just some people getting a bit carried away or over torquing them by mistake, good Toyota are replacing FOC.

Associate
Or there was just a small bad batch of studs. I am sure it is nothing major but definitely worth keeping in mind for when you change tyres/wheels to stick to that 103nm.

Soldato
Collected today. 70 plate (Feb 21), 8500 miles, Track pack for less than new list price.

Car is immaculate and comes pre-Chav'd with a QuickSilver valved exhaust which sounds pretty good and quiet (as the car can be) on the motorway.

ROCEcVU.jpeg

Soldato
Ahhh you bought the one being sold by the chap from HPE.

Welcome to the cluuuuuub.

Yup. There's not much to tell different cars apart so I started with the cheapest expecting to find problems and there were none. Really nice chap, big car enthusiast and selling for a genuine reason. I could have paid £2-3k more for half the mileage but as it was his commuting car, I've got one that's at least run in.

Soldato
I am not sure what kind of problems you were expecting to find! It's only done 8k and it is a Toyota :D

Indeed! When there's a £6k price range on cars that are all on the surface very similar, 70/21 plate it's hard to work out why some are priced so high/low. I think that some people, Toyota main dealers especially, are chancing their luck on someone really wanting one right now and being willing to pay way over list and maybe they'll get lucky.

As this was the cheapest, I was expecting maybe a couple of stone chips or a kerbed wheel, but there's nothing. I did look at a red one that was immaculate too and whilst I had a slight preference for red, the paint has the orange peel effect that all modern cars seem to have, it really bugs me and white hides it much better.

Soldato
I actually didn't realise (partly because I always turn it off) that the active lane assist actually moves you back into lane (if your hands were off the wheel). I just thought it vibrated and moaned at you loads like my poverty BMW M5 F10 used to do.

OcUK Staff
OP
Collected today. 70 plate (Feb 21), 8500 miles, Track pack for less than new list price.

Car is immaculate and comes pre-Chav'd with a QuickSilver valved exhaust which sounds pretty good and quiet (as the car can be) on the motorway.

ROCEcVU.jpeg

How much under list did you manage? WBAC still offering £32,700 on ours with 6k on the clock, cost us £33,500 from Toyota and won't be surprised if it goes back above £33,500 next year once Winter passes. :)

Back
Top Bottom