Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato

Did an Activity Day at North Weald a few days ago, very wet in the morning which was great and stayed damp which certainly helped with tyre wear.

Awesome little car, need to drive it more to understand how to adjust my style to get around some points of understeer. Very easy to drive quickly and only car to come very close was a very well driven M2 and an utterly lunatic Elise (that no doubt would have thrashed me if it had dried up).

Soldato
I think the Yaris will still be king. The new Corolla is just too big now. Even still it is great what Toyota is doing considering the impending doom of fun cars.

Definitely, great that they are making some fun stuff. Even their 24 EV concepts that they recently showed had some fun ones in there.

Soldato
Didn't realise North Weald still did stuff. I had it in my mind that they had closed for some reason.

Unfortunately COVID did for Walshy's Car Limits business, it's been sold off and will hopefully reopen doing the Supercar Experience stuff with a different owner.

Walshy has gone back down the Driver Training route that started Car Limits 20 odd years ago and can be found at https://www.awdrivertraining.co.uk

Mark who ran the driver training days for Car Limits in recent years has started up Drive Limits https://www.drivelimits.com and is also at North Weald. I did a couple of Activity Days with him last year and have done Driver Training with him in the past and he is very good too.

Soldato
So what is "GRMN" in Toyota nomenclature, is it just their brand for lighter/faster trims?
Because confusingly, I seem to remember there has already been a Yaris GRMN a few years ago, but based off the basic Yaris, rather than the GR.

Soldato
Yes the previous shape had a "GRMN" for Gazoo Racing, tuned by the Meister of the Nürburgring but it was the regular car turned up to 11 (though arguably more special engine and certainly more limited numbers). The current gen GR is a very different beast which has again been turned up to 11 with the new GRMN.

Back
Top Bottom