Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
The sad fact is the longer through 2022 we go without Toyota announcing a 2023 run of the Yaris, the less and less likely people will be able to order.

The GR Corolla is getting ever closer.

I've been keeping my ear to the ground about the GR86 myself. I understand its only going to be on sale in the EU for 2 years and there's only 400 allocated per year to the UK. It's something to do with it being unlikely to be sellable under upcoming EU safety regs. I know the Yaris is a completely different car, but it's still a relatively niche product so I wonder how much longer they'll be available in the face of ever tightening emissions rules etc.

Associate
Good for us owners as means they may never depreciate :D

Of course, a happy benefit for us!

I've been keeping my ear to the ground about the GR86 myself. I understand its only going to be on sale in the EU for 2 years and there's only 400 allocated per year to the UK. It's something to do with it being unlikely to be sellable under upcoming EU safety regs. I know the Yaris is a completely different car, but it's still a relatively niche product so I wonder how much longer they'll be available in the face of ever tightening emissions rules etc.

If the rumours are right and Toyota lose money on each Yaris then who knows. The GR86 looks like a nice improvement and I definitely wouldn't mind taking one for a spin when they arrive!

Caporegime
Unfortunately COVID did for Walshy's Car Limits business, it's been sold off and will hopefully reopen doing the Supercar Experience stuff with a different owner.

Walshy has gone back down the Driver Training route that started Car Limits 20 odd years ago and can be found at https://www.awdrivertraining.co.uk

Mark who ran the driver training days for Car Limits in recent years has started up Drive Limits https://www.drivelimits.com and is also at North Weald. I did a couple of Activity Days with him last year and have done Driver Training with him in the past and he is very good too.

There's also a fairly big Sunday morning breakfast meet when the weather is warmer - mainly classic cars but a lot of modern stuff turns up. I live a couple of mins away and my dad mentioned speaking to a Yaris GR owner because he had no idea what it was and what kind of power it had, may have been you!

Associate

Where did hear about the UK allocation figure from please?

Soldato

Of course, a happy benefit for us!
If the rumours are right and Toyota lose money on each Yaris then who knows. The GR86 looks like a nice improvement and I definitely wouldn't mind taking one for a spin when they arrive!

A GR86 with the GR Yaris engine would be fun :D

There's also a fairly big Sunday morning breakfast meet when the weather is warmer - mainly classic cars but a lot of modern stuff turns up. I live a couple of mins away and my dad mentioned speaking to a Yaris GR owner because he had no idea what it was and what kind of power it had, may have been you!

Not me, was just us and a lot of wind and rain on the 29th December from what I saw. I was also there on 11th November (Remembrance Sunday) but in my Vantage, there was a big meet that day (amazed that a couple of M4s weren't thrown out given the checks we had to go through on noise) and there was a guy on the Activity day in his black GR Yaris which is what got me interested in them.

Caporegime
Hi there

Not sure if anyone noticed but Toyota increased price of GR Yaris earlier this month by just over a grand:
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/gr-yaris/build

Good for us owners as keeps the value solid. :)

Didn't need much help. I've not seen a single used one for below list price.

Hopefully they don't get swapped between owners and neglected because of the solid residuals as there's a lot of F80/F82 M3/M4 like that. I've seen 2020 cars with 5 keepers :eek: Obviously ragged around and then traded in the second it needs a service and then shifted on to someone else.

OcUK Staff
OP
Didn't need much help. I've not seen a single used one for below list price.

Hopefully they don't get swapped between owners and neglected because of the solid residuals as there's a lot of F80/F82 M3/M4 like that. I've seen 2020 cars with 5 keepers :eek: Obviously ragged around and then traded in the second it needs a service and then shifted on to someone else.

Don’t see that happening especially as the servicing is prettt cheap.

I did a running in service (not required) at 1200 miles which consisted of oil change, both differentials oil change and gearbox oil change, essentially all fluids and it cost me like £350.

Took it for its annual service which cost me £180 so all in all they are cheap to service so would be baffling if people move them on because of a £200 service.

All the people I know who got one still have one, just one guy got rid of his because he ordered a second one a few months after ordering the first as he noticed the overs they were fetching so he sold his first one for 38k which his newer one replaced for 34k. Smart really as he enjoyed the car for a year and made 4k for doing so and then took delivery of another at the RRP.

Man of Honour
Ive just come back from a road trip into Wales with 3 Yaris GR's (pictures in show us your motors).

Cracking things on that run, plenty quick enough for most roads and well set up. I shall be bringing my friends back from London soon, which has been modified with dampers and a few other bits and bobs so will have longer time to revaluate the car. Going into a friends place locally so easy for me to help bring the car up here.

OcUK Staff
OP
More suitable for people with single or two cars and hence more appeal in that sense.

You are in the 0.01% :p :cry:

Hahah I keep considering reducing the fleet, but man maths / reasoning can give solid reasons for keeping them all. :D

458 - Because 458 its just iconic and a total event. Value increasing.
GR - My daily and most sensible, having a boot and rear seats, but shocking that a small hatch is my sensible car, lol. Value holding just about.
Exige - Last of its kind, proper full on drivers car, more unique than the Ferrari. Value increasing.
Spyder - My only convertible and some argue its Porsche best due to hydraulic steering, 1275kg and values are exploding, looking at 10k plus up in one year if the values keep moving so fast. Also cost nothing to run, cheaper than Yaris running wise and appreciating fast.
Vette - Classic car, cost nothing to own, just put petrol in which it drinks fast, value going up. No MOT, Free tax and cheap parts, just 15mpg and can only use E5.
Aston - Kind of weak link, beautiful, sounds incredible but the drive though good is out classed by the others, value on the up.
Emira - If they fetch overs then I will flip it, if not I shall keep it, jury is out on how it is to drive/own as its not arriving until June, if its mind blowing then it will need to fetch 100k or more to flip it.

I have considered maybe selling Aston, Emira and Spyder or Exige, that drops three/four cars and then buy a GT3 RS, the latter for me has been a dream which the 458 caused me to not live that dream as the 458 was more fun as a road car and more of an event. On track the RS will be incredible and mega fast, but now owning an Exige which albeit is more difficult to pedal fast it is somewhat more enjoying on track because it is a lot more involving and it also feels more indestructible than a Porsche at the track and also cost peanuts to run in comparison to a Porsche GT product.

So there you go man maths/reasoning at its finest. :D

Back
Top Bottom