1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TP-Link TL-WN822N on windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by embalse, Aug 24, 2012.

1. embalse

Hitman

Anyone been able to run a TP-Link TL-WN822N wireless adapter on windows 8

The drivers will not install

2. this_is_gav

Mobster

Have you tried installing them manually from the .inf, or are you just running an installer program?

3. bledd

Underboss

download the WLAN pack from here

http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest

You'll need Winrar or 7zip to open it. Extract it to say desktop\drivers\

Go to device manager, tell it to scan the folder for drivers. The first links are for the 64bit ones.

4. embalse

Hitman

The .inf file just brings up a text page in notepad, so not sure how to use it in this case..

Just wondering if it is the utility software that won't install not the driver as in the device manager I have the ....

Aheros AR7015 wireless network Adapter which I guess is the TP-Link driver and that seems OK.

The utility software on the other hand gets the error "Failed to load the library flile" when I try and open it.

5. embalse

Hitman

OK I have it working the drivers did install ok it's just the utility program that won't work, but I don't need that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I am still finding it hard to get used to W8.

6. bledd

Underboss

3rd party utilites are cack anyway. I'd use add/remove on the previous one, then just manually install the driver that I linked

7. Jawvig

Associate

Still no joy for 802.11n

Followed this instruction but still only seeing my 802.11g network, not the 802.11n network. I simply cannot find a driver that will do this. One thing to note is that it did not give me any option about which driver to install - it just located and installed on.

8. Jawvig

Associate

Got it working by changing frequency

I switched frequency down from 5GHz to 2.4GHz, retaining the 300Mbps speed, on the Virgin Super Hub (i.e. netgear router) and suddenly the TL-WN822N could see the network.

9. CaptainRAVE

Capodecina

After about 3 hours of headache, I found this thread. Thank goodness! Worked for me :)