** TPCAST WIRELESS ADAPTER FOR HTC VIVE VR HEADSET - PRE-ORDER LIVE **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

We have been working hard to make sure this product is available to you and are now pleased to say you can now place your pre-orders on for the TPCast Wireless Adapter for HTC VIVE!

The production run should complete in the middle of September and so hopefully the first units will land with us 4-6 weeks later. I have the ETA set as mid-October but expect them between then and the end of October. Our allocation on the initial run is limited as they have had to supply launch partners all around the globe so get your pre-orders on ASAP to avoid disappointment!

TPCast Wireless Adaptor for HTC VIVE @ £318.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/TPCast-Wireless-Adaptor-for-HTC-VIVE-VR-000-TC.html

TPCAST Wireless Adaptor for HTC VIVE, Easily Upgrade your HTC Vive to a wireless VR HMD, Highly optimized antenna array, Large Bandwidth, Virtually ZERO Latency

Experience something you never have in VR before! Experience total freedom. Freedom to walk and meander through a beatiful landscape, freedom to spin and turn and jump!

TPCAST Wireless Adaptor for VIVE is an accessory developed specifically for HTC VIVE. It enables HTC Vive owner and users to easily upgrade their HTC Vive to a wireless VR HMD. With highly optimized antenna array and large bandwith, it ensures the display quality is the same as that with a cable.

Features

• Easy to Install: The TPCAST adaptor replaces the HTC Vive cables following a straightforward and easy installation.
• High Resolution: The transmission delivers up to 2k display resolution and provides an extraordinary virtual reality experience.
• Immersive In-Game Experience: Getting rid of the HTC VIVE cables enables 360 degree of free movement.
• Long Battery Life: Battery pack provides up to 5 hours of operation.
• Extraordinary Comfort: The TPCAST wireless Receiver, attached to the HTC Vive is very light and small.
• No Visual Distortion: The adaptor preserves the high video frame rate of 90Hz (90 frames per second).
• Near Zero Latency: The adapter adds less than 2ms latency assuring a seamless VR experience.
• Two-Way Interaction: Signals are transmitted back and forth between the PC Transmitter and Receiver.
• Broad Signal Coverage: Signals can reach up to 5 meters with a 360 degree angle.

Specifications:

• Video Format: HDMI 2.0.
• Video Resolution: 2K (2160*1200).
• Frame Rate: 90Hz.
• Audio Format: 16 bit 44100Hz, 16bit 48000Hz.
• Wireless Transmission Latency: < 2ms.
• Signal Range: 5 meters, 360 degrees.

Includes:
• 1x PC Transmitter.
• 1x HMD Receiver.
• 1x Power Box. (with a 20000mAh power bank)
• 1x Router.
• 1x USB Connection Line.
• 1x HDMI Connection Line.
• 1x User guide.

HTC VIVE Not Included, sold seperately.

Only £318.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

LINK TO USER GUIDE

OcUK Staff
OP
Has VR actually really taken off that much in the last 12 months? Still seems pricey to me but I haven't really been following VR much. Are people taking up VR enthusiastically or just the die hards still?

2017 will be remembered as the year VR came of age. Games, price, tech, its all coming together now. This Christmas VR will be the number one present I think.

Check the VR Thread to see how much people are enjoying it!

With Fallout et al. due in the next few months AAA titles are coming and will drive even more take up. I can't think of any die-hard Fallout fans who won't be buying a VR headset for that game, if they don't already have one!

Soldato
so, with a £200 price drop, plus £318 thats £120 or so more then when first released ( or cheaper cant remember if demand pushed up the price) .... damn. thats good value !!!!

Associate
Has VR actually really taken off that much in the last 12 months? Still seems pricey to me but I haven't really been following VR much. Are people taking up VR enthusiastically or just the die hards still?

so, with a £200 price drop, plus £318 thats £120 or so more then when first released ( or cheaper cant remember if demand pushed up the price) .... damn. thats good value !!!!

If you're worried about value for money the Windows Mixed Reality headsets are coming very soon. They're slightly higher resolution than the Vive and Rift at 1440x1440 per eye vs 1080x1200 per eye. They'll be £300-350 without VR motion controllers, or £400-450 with controllers.

You can choose from HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, and more I've likely forgotten.

The trade-off is they use inside-out tracking so may not be as rock solid reliable as the Vive's Lighthouse laser tracking system is. Also they're wired of course. But they're SteamVR compatible, so can play all the games.

Also LG should be bringing a proper Vive/Rift competitor by Q1 2018 at the latest. It will likely be around the same £600-700 price range, but will be definitely better specs.

EDIT: And I'm no shill for either WindowsMR or LG. I actually bought a Vive myself on day-1, just mentioning what's coming on the horizon if you didn't know.

OcUK Staff
OP

I know right... a wireless version is only £120 more than the original purchase price! If you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have expected to pay £300 or more for wireless...

The manufacturer are also using a European distributor meaning we have to pay in Euro's and everyone knows how the euro rate is going at the moment. It would have been even cheaper even just a few weeks ago. The exchange rate has forced the RRP up nearly 10% since I was first talking with the manufacturer about them.

If you're worried about value for money the Windows Mixed Reality headsets are coming very soon. They're slightly higher resolution than the Vive and Rift at 1440x1440 per eye vs 1080x1200 per eye. They'll be £300-350 without VR motion controllers, or £400-450 with controllers.

You can choose from HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, and more I've likely forgotten.

The trade-off is they use inside-out tracking so may not be as rock solid reliable as the Vive's Lighthouse laser tracking system is. Also they're wired of course. But they're SteamVR compatible, so can play all the games.

Also LG should be bringing a proper Vive/Rift competitor by Q1 2018 at the latest. It will likely be around the same £600-700 price range, but will be definitely better specs.

EDIT: And I'm no shill for either WindowsMR or LG. I actually bought a Vive myself on day-1, just mentioning what's coming on the horizon if you didn't know.

Can't wait to get my hands on the gorgeous ASUS Headset which has been touted for EUR449

The future is here... The future is VR :)

Soldato
2017 will be remembered as the year VR came of age. Games, price, tech, its all coming together now. This Christmas VR will be the number one present I think.

Check the VR Thread to see how much people are enjoying it!

With Fallout et al. due in the next few months AAA titles are coming and will drive even more take up. I can't think of any die-hard Fallout fans who won't be buying a VR headset for that game, if they don't already have one!

Racing games are getting the hang of it now too. DiRT Rally is a different game in VR! pCARS is ok (looking forward to number 2) and really hoping for more in the future. Yes it's still a lot of money (got my rift for £350) but for me that's the right price point to hit. Being wired isn't a problem for me; the next problem is resolution (and the power to render it!)

Soldato
I know right... a wireless version is only £120 more than the original purchase price! If you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have expected to pay £300 or more for wireless...

The manufacturer are also using a European distributor meaning we have to pay in Euro's and everyone knows how the euro rate is going at the moment. It would have been even cheaper even just a few weeks ago. The exchange rate has forced the RRP up nearly 10% since I was first talking with the manufacturer about them.

Can't wait to get my hands on the gorgeous ASUS Headset which has been touted for EUR449

The future is here... The future is VR :)

surprised it wasnt all in Dollars or an american Distributor

Have my name on the list for PiMAX 8K or actually 4k Headset with tracking- although i dont hold my breath on it (had the 4k for a while and wasn't bad but if you try to use face paced games- instant sick right there), and the asus does look nice.... very nice

Soldato

its just the PC enthusiast (which this board is full of) dont get carried away by the hype. Price is still way too high on the PC in my opinion. Not everyone has the room for a Vive too. Its still very much in the minority when compared to people using a monitor or TV for instance. I keep seeing people saying "there are no stats on VR numbers blah blah blah" if it was that much here and now someone somewhere would have done some proper market research on it.

This Christmas VR will be the number one present I think.

No way Gibbo some gimmicky toy will be the number one present that all the kids want. Not VR. It was Hatchimal last year.
People need to get real. Go out on the high street and ask 100 people what VR is and you will get blank looks.

Its still very much in the future for the mainstream.

Soldato
its just the PC enthusiast (which this board is full of) dont get carried away by the hype. Price is still way too high on the PC in my opinion. Not everyone has the room for a Vive too. Its still very much in the minority when compared to people using a monitor or TV for instance. I keep seeing people saying "there are no stats on VR numbers blah blah blah" if it was that much here and now someone somewhere would have done some proper market research on it.

No way Gibbo some gimmicky toy will be the number one present that all the kids want. Not VR. It was Hatchimal last year.
People need to get real. Go out on the high street and ask 100 people what VR is and you will get blank looks.

Agree and disagree, until the sale number of Sony VR headsets . and speaking to me bro with regards to samsung sales, Far East see's a lot of Galaxy Owners having the VR unit with their phone- whilst EU I wouldn't even put that number on a single hand .
Just depends on the VR market- hard core PC gamers will be the smallest slice of the Pie

but its good to see makers taking the price cuts. Rift, then made Vive price cut to which in turn sony is doing a bundle deal with free webcam

Soldato
Just need the games imho. Games make sales... Star Trek bridge crew saw a huge spike in sales. I expect even more come Fallout/Skyrim.

have to ask, have you guys set up a bridge in the VR room to allow players to try as a team ? guessing would need a ton on tracking boxes- but would be so awesome !!!!!
star trek academy days out!

OcUK Staff
OP
have to ask, have you guys set up a bridge in the VR room to allow players to try as a team ? guessing would need a ton on tracking boxes- but would be so awesome !!!!!
star trek academy days out!

OFC I have suggested, but the problem is logistics for the guys who look after the demo room and the shop. They don't really have the time to handle 4 people in there, keep x8 controllers charged, etc.etc. It also means that nothing else can really be done in there then apart from ST:BC.

We set it up for our video we did:

BTW you only need 2 lighthouse boxes. All the headsets can use the same 2 boxes as long as there are no LOS issues.

Soldato

Considering that PC gaming isn't a mainstream thing and that you need an 'enthusiast level' PC to run VR decently, it's not really a revelation that PC enthusiasts are the ones buying VR (not including mobile phone VR type stuff, obviously).
It'll always be in a minority compared to the number of people using TV's/monitors.

As for the price being high, sure, but it's comparable to the price of a decent monitor. In fact, it's cheaper than most high end monitors. Your own monitor is around £700 for example.

I'm not sure why people base their argument on price or it not being mainstream, when they're already happy to spend just as much, if not more on their GPU/monitor in what's already a relatively niche gaming market to begin with when compared to the console mainstream.

I'll be the first to admit that it's fairly early days, there are limitations/drawbacks and that it might be worth waiting for the next gen or two if you're on the fence, but I wouldn't expect VR to be mainstream for a long time, if ever. Just like enthusiast level PC gaming.

I'd say that augmented reality glasses will probably be the closest thing to mainstream when it comes to VR over the next few years, unless they find some fancy tricks to get the hardware requirements for solid, high res VR gaming down to a price that the mainstream find acceptable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering that PC gaming isn't a mainstream thing and that you need an 'enthusiast level' PC to run VR decently, it's not really a revelation that PC enthusiasts are the ones buying VR (not including mobile phone VR type stuff, obviously).
It'll always be in a minority compared to the number of people using TV's/monitors.

As for the price being high, sure, but it's comparable to the price of a decent monitor. In fact, it's cheaper than most high end monitors. Your own monitor is around £700 for example.

I'm not sure why people base their argument on price or it not being mainstream, when they're already happy to spend just as much, if not more on their GPU/monitor in what's already a relatively niche gaming market to begin with when compared to the console mainstream.

Thats a bit of a flawed arguement against price. I have £700. I have no monitor. Do I buy a VR headset for £700 or do I buy a monitor for £700.
The monitor is used ALL the time I used my PC the GPU is used all the time when I game. As a PC enthusiast these are as much a necessity as a SSD. I could not say the same for a VR helmet so the price is a factor. Until you can it is too high a price and not mainstream.

Soldato
If you're looking at it as a choice of one or another, then sure.
The point I'm making is that enthusiast level PC components and peripherals are expensive, full stop.

I look at VR as a display device with added interactivity, and displays are expensive.

I'm not sure why you think they should be cheaper, or what point you're trying to make about it being mainstream or not.
Sure, it would be nice if they were cheaper, and as I've said, PC gaming isn't particularly mainstream to begin with.

If your mainstream thing is regarding Nik's "Number one present at Christmas" prediction, then I 'll agree with you on that. I don't see that happening either.

Soldato
Fair enough. If we're including PSVR, then Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7 and future titles might well be what helps VR towards gaining mass market appeal in general.

I don't underestimate them at all. I just wasn't aware that you had included them in your point :)
In fact, I'm pretty disappointed that Skyrim and RE7 VR aren't slated for the PC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of VR and I don't see why it necessarily has to be mainstream to be a big success.

Back
Top Bottom