Tracing dealer on iDrive history

Associate
Hi

Looking to buy an F30 and have found one I like - however, looking at the iDrive there's 37.000 miles and 20 months between its first and second services. Now I know that the service intervals are variable but there's no way the computer would stretch it that far.

I'm guessing the number to the right of each service relates to the particular dealer it was carried out at, both were at dealer 08864.

Is there a way to find out which dealer this was as I might give them a call and see if they've carried out another service which wasn't entered on the system? Otherwise I'll be giving it a miss...

Associate
OP
Thanks. Thought it would be easy to find the dealer based on that number and just give them a call directly. Scania I don't know what you googled but when I did it brings up Cotswold Cheltenham BMW instead...

Associate
OP
Just a quick update - had to call an 090 number who told me the dates the car visited a dealer and which dealer it was (Stratstone) but couldn't tell me what had actually been carried out or the mileage - so I then called the dealer and they were able to provide the details.

So the services shown on the iDrive aren't always up to date which I found odd.

Soldato
It used to be, and may still be the case, that the service trip needs manually resetting. If this wasn't done it might explain the discrepancy?

To play devils advocate just because a service trip has been reset doesn't necessarily mean the work has been done, though the dealer/indy stamp should provide enough assurance :p

Back
Top Bottom