1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcast123, 2 Apr 2009.

1. tres

Soldato

Is it worrying to the point where you'd look to transfer a S&S ISA away from Trading212?

2. DireEmblem

Hitman

2-3 working days waiting time.

3. fretted

Hitman

It also works the other way too!

4. sand_dune

Gangster

If people want to be safe they just go to Terry or Nick :)

5. dacads

Capodecina

Hi guys

Anyone with a s&s ISA? From what I've read investment trusts would be Best for investing in for one of these?

I'm new to the game so still learning all the jargon such as NAV , yield etc.

I know it's more a long term game so not expecting a quick buck, would be good to see returns in one to 3 years

Can anyone tell me of their experience ?

Last edited: 29 Nov 2020
  6. mr tommo

Soldato

Re Trading 212.

Been with them for 6 months now on the CFD accounts. Sometimes using leverage, sometimes not.

They are definitely struggling IMO. Outages at key points (US election day for an hour at open) - went down at other key points too. Currently I'm unable to buy anymore Tesla or Xpeng and thats been the case for the past week now.
    The same happened to me when Aston Martin were having the rise after their lows of April, unable to buy more but could short all I wanted.

I had a great run the past couple of months with the EV's, and day trading with Nio, xpeng and Tesla the past few weeks (in addition to long positions) - but switch over to their standard Invest account on Friday as just unable to buy the shares I wanted via CFD.

EDIT : I tried to buy IDEX last week via CFD and there is a 20% spread.

I assume money in their investment accounts is protected similar to a bank?

7. Jokester

Don

Some one in the crypto forum was saying T212 was pulling out of crypto trading so sounds like something is up for sure.

8. DireEmblem

Hitman

Thats part in par with a change in regulations I think.

9. sand_dune

Gangster

You invest into anything you fancy. With s&s ISA you do not pay capital gains tax.

Different instruments have different performance and risk. I just made 25% in 10 minutes shorting gold.

10. sand_dune

Gangster

I bought TSLA cfd a week ago no problemo.

I was never unable to buy anything on 212. Maybe its because i trade really small amounts 100k max. Joking! Actual small amounts.

11. dacads

Capodecina

Thanks I signed up for HL but not impressed by the £11.95 entry and exit charge.

12. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

I'm looking at putting in some longer term investments. I've been playing with the T212 app and it looks nice and I like the way their pie investments work but I keep hearing a lot of negatives about 212. Is there another platform I should be looking at?

13. Basher

Sgarrista

I use Aviva (mainly because my employer pays all the fees) and my wife uses iWeb (one off fee + trade fees. No ongoing platform fee)

14. englishpremier

Sgarrista

T212 did stop nearly all of the more popular CFDs for some time, and introduced giant spreads on stable stocks during that period too.

They also changed margin requirements with less than 24 hours notice which was against FCA rules, and so had to back track on that, and give users more notice.

Seems they panicked a little when things weren't gong their way.

15. Trig

Soldato

Do we think they're going to pull out?
    IF they do are there other sites that have a nice app that you can use for the daily side of things?

16. JamesH85

Hitman

Any opinions on the Chinese EV market, it's plummeting today. Big crash!!

17. nam

Wise Guy

Buy, can't see the CCP not pumping up and backing there own

18. leezer3

Mobster

If you're buying sensible stuff (FTSE, S&P, standard ETFs) then Freetrade is a reasonable option.

They've decided to put the AIM, smaller American & smaller ETFs behind a £10 p/m paywall (mistake IMHO, but they've gotta make money) but otherwise I've got no real complaints.

The graphing on the app and in app data leaves a little to be desired, but they are working on it & it'll hopefully get better.

19. Krono5

Wise Guy

I believe it's due to Tesla getting permission to manufacture their SUV in China for the chinese market. I still expect Nio to climb between now and Nio Day in January and pull the other's up with it so may be a good time to buy.

20. BennyC

Capodecina

Either trade regularly enough with HL to make the dealing charges reduce to £5.95 or use a platform with fees in the spread price like 212.

Wouldn't use HL with the dealing fees (at the highest price) to invest anything less than several hundred pounds at a time personally, else it just eats in to profits significantly.

If looking to transact on the US markets again, use a service that's 'free' (spread priced) instead as dealing fees and FX charges add up quickly on smaller investments.

Perfectly fine to use for funds though, they have a broad offering for both Funds and equities, a reach which the smaller & cheaper platforms don't have.