Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
have a look at ADA (Cardano) Seems disconnected from other crypto pricings - Not financial advise :D

Although it usually dips a bit on the weekends
Recommending a cryptocurrency as a safe haven. That certainly is not financial advise! :p

Safest place is probably cash for now. GBP or USD.

Soldato
who was after a crypto alternative? I don't think anyone asked for one. My post was more a joke about the current state of the markets.

Yeah, i wouldn't read that post as asking for a crypto alternative either. If anything the "where's safe to keep your money" definitely doesn't lend it's to a cryptocurrency.

It's weird that everything is down though. Makes you wonder where people are putting their money. Usually you can see a flow from one area to another.

Soldato
My apologise then didnt realise it was a joke

I did have under the mattress mentioned but this new Cloudflare CDN nonsense has been messing up my OCUK forum experience. Possibly because I'm posting outside of the UK. Even my own website blocked my IP the other day.

I thought you were supposed to buy the dip

Would love to but I've maxed out my ISA this year, and don't like adding too much to my invest account as that is mostly for wildly speculative stocks and playthings.

Soldato
What a week. The Fed are really losing it now. Looks like we'll get yield curve control (more QE) to bring long end Treausry yields back down to support stocks but can then see them doing the opposite through a near term rate hike once inflation kicks in with the economic recovery. Their hand will be forced long before their 2023 tapering guidance. Not great for stocks or the housing market but Powell shouldn't have been so wreckless in allowing the liquididty tsunami last year that caused a rising tide for everything - it was almost impossible to not make money.

I predict things will pick up again next week so won't be selling any of my positions that took a battering but we're not out the woods yet and can see a lot more volatility over the next few months.

Soldato
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get historic intra-day charts for indexes and/or individual stocks?

I’m not talking about the open and close prices on a specific day, but the actual 5- or 10-minute chart for a specific date.

Other than screengrabbing the chart at close every day, I can’t seem to find any way of getting this data.

Soldato
All green for me. In these times I think it pays to be active and move things around.

Will be keeping an eye out for more buying opportunities next week.

Associate
Pretty much every stock and fund I got is showing red this week. Luckily I'm not losing any major sums on that. But got no idea what to look at as pretty much everything I look at is in the red..

OcUK Staff
The markets are down, bitcoin is down, gold is down, bonds are being sold off, and inflation is set to rise. Where is safe to keep your money?

Ive gone with a bit of risk and been buying the dips in MARA it has been hit hard this past week and I’ve seen it as a buying opportunity, I just keep drip feeding it on the dips, so if it pulls back further next week like $20-25 I will add more but I’m hoping BTC will recover somewhat and as such drag some miners with it but just happy to wait it out and if we get the big BTC boom I’ll be very happy and if BTC crashes I’ll get out with a few grand loss.

I’m still holding PHE too got several thousand shares now at 7.4p average but it’s a very long term hold for me and if it drops next week I’ll add more.

Im also watching Corsair but tend to just day trade it but at low $30 is a relatively safe bet I reckon!

Travel companies and airlines were a good shout at start of Feb. :)

I buy the dips and I drip feed, I always keep at least 2/3 my cash free to allow me to further average down as it’s very hard to buy right at the bottom of any share. Then just patience if your down and wait unless it’s a very high risk share in which case have an exit plan and stick to it.

If anyone has any long term tips please share also as I’d like to put some cash into some solid companies for long term gains and right now I only have PHE which is a more a gamble than safe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom