Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Think I did quite well on GME today, realised some of my gains and have kept positions.

I'll be buying myself some HomeLab equipment and a new bed and mattress, not what the purpose of my investments are but hey this is more gambling.

I'm glad I opened additional positions at $40 just in case.

I fear Roblox has missed it's limelight, I'm going to keep an eye on it though!

Soldato
Jesus, was tempted to join the masses and lump on GME when it dipped back to $40 a few weeks back. Not really with a view for making a fortune, just because it seemed like a wild ride and could be fun. Bottled it, kicking myself now.

Of course much like gambling you only remember the bets you don't place, but god what a ride it must be for these guys.

Soldato
This time round I'd say a lot more held than sold, it's been versed into so many people that this time gas more opportunity, especially as done HFs keep shorting that can down the road but it'll stop eventually and leave them requiring shares that simply don't exist.

Soldato
Nothing snobby about it, just some advice so people know what they're dealing with.

GME will be pumped, and it will be dumped. Probably a fair few times...and none of it has anything to do with the business itself. Just people trying to create momentum with effective emotive stories about 'evil hedgies' and short selling conspiracies, so they can cash in when they get enough mugs to buy into the pump phase.

Jeez, looking at the 'DD' threads on reddit. It's utterly deranged. I hope no-one believes any of that tripe.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing snobby about it, just some advice so people know what they're dealing with.

GME will be pumped, and it will be dumped. Probably a fair few times...and none of it has anything to do with the business itself. Just people trying to create momentum with effective emotive stories about 'evil hedgies' and short selling conspiracies, so they can cash in when they get enough mugs to buy into the pump phase.

Jeez, looking at the 'DD' threads on reddit. It's utterly deranged. I hope no-one believes any of that tripe.

Agreed - “As they say in poker, ‘If you’ve been in the game 30 minutes and don’t know who the patsy is, you’re the patsy.'”

Stay well clear of GME

Caporegime
The most amusing thing about the whole GME thing has been the snobby views of some "investors".

I don't think anyone is being snobby.
I'm in crypto which isn't that different a mechanic.

But when there isn't any reason for a big move like this it is gambling.

You could say it's now human behaviour. That it will peak and trough. And that's a valid point.

But those peaks and troughs have no firm value. This share could easily sit at 50. You buy, and it never gets above that again. You could sell at 200 and it carries on going to 500.

Hell. It could maintain its 'beyond market' status and become a toy for some time. I don't see what it can't.

What it does show is social media's power.
And those that instigate these games make a tonne of money.

Soldato
Agreed - “As they say in poker, ‘If you’ve been in the game 30 minutes and don’t know who the patsy is, you’re the patsy.'”

Stay well clear of GME

Well, if you wanna try and ride a pump and not get caught with the dump, go for it! But don't be fooled into thinking it's a winning stock that's being held back by a conspiracy of hedge funds or any of that nonsense.

Caporegime
The most amusing thing about the whole GME thing has been the snobby views of some "investors".
on here?
I doubt anyone is being disrespectful when they refer to a ticker as gambling.
I get the feeling some people are just concerned about newer members to the stock market reading a post and jumping on a ticker without realising the risks.

let's face it with GME the risks always been so high that it's basically a coin toss

Soldato
Anyone had any luck of buying into US based IPO's? Are they generally open to the public or just snapped up by larger companies?

I saw the other day that Oatly are planning a listing and it's something i think has legs.

Also interested in Oatly - have you found a route in? :) Google isnt particularly helpful.

I also see Stripe is up as an IPO - another one I might be tempted by

Caporegime
Also interested in Oatly - have you found a route in? :) Google isnt particularly helpful.

I also see Stripe is up as an IPO - another one I might be tempted by

Oatley is a grower for sure. Could be massive. It's such a strong movement. For vegans etc it's a staple too. Really popular on social media

Soldato
No, struggling to find anything.

This suggests they might give an in. But i'm reluctant to have loads of different broker accounts for different shares!
https://www.ig.com/uk/shares/ipos/oatly-ipo

My wife drinks Oat milk and having tried a lot, Oatly seems to be the best, that also seems to be a general consensus too.

Not sure if it's just something i'll need to keep googling occasionally as there's no confirmed date yet.

Soldato
I like oat milk myself, but since making my own I can't bring myself to bend over and pay the ludicrous prices from the likes of Oatly. They've certainly tapped into a rich vein of massive profit margins though, definitely a good business to be in!

Soldato
I like oat milk myself, but since making my own I can't bring myself to bend over and pay the ludicrous prices from the likes of Oatly. They've certainly tapped into a rich vein of massive profit margins though, definitely a good business to be in!

How much can you realistically make a weak/how easy is it? I'd say my wife gets through around 2 litres a week, which at £3.50 or so isn't too expensive.

How much cheaper are you talking?

Soldato
I don't actually like it - not my thing, milk all the way :) However, as a company, it might have legs.

Although Stripe will be my preference to get into - again likely to keep searching google.

Back
Top Bottom