Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Yeah I need to get back into it a bit, I've just let it sit for a while and haven't been keeping an eye on the market.
Might drop another couple hundred in the etoro and get some NIO, amongst other things.

Also to look at a Vanguard index tracker ISA..

Associate
I got 1k NIO shares at 18 average but kicking myself i wasn't in at 3 dollars a share the start of 2020. When it hits 100 a share NIO is making my mate a millionaire off his 3 dollar share average! Crazy.

Soldato
I got 1k NIO shares at 18 average but kicking myself i wasn't in at 3 dollars a share the start of 2020. When it hits 100 a share NIO is making my mate a millionaire off his 3 dollar share average! Crazy.

That is a decent return. So difficult to spot them too. I would love to think I could pick the one stock that will x1000 but I think I'll follow the general advice and diversify. I can imagine otherwise my plans would backfire.

Associate
That is a decent return. So difficult to spot them too. I would love to think I could pick the one stock that will x1000 but I think I'll follow the general advice and diversify. I can imagine otherwise my plans would backfire.

Very hard to pick the multi-baggers indeed. I wish i'd sold at 67 a share in Jan and got back in when it was 30 a share. I had 5000 shares when it hit 67 too :mad:

Soldato
That explains why they dont list RR I guess, paying for orders is normal fair enough. How does NIO go from 3 dollars so fast, that beats Tesla in speed?

I already judged Dollar as trying to find a foothold this year and failing, repeating is bearish I think but good jobs numbers today just came out.

RR has bounced back to its closing price but wondering if volume near 100 caps it for post US open, always hard to judge the mood of the market which is the one advantage I have over a trading algo bot

Rumour vs news

Variable and factors are infinite but I should have posted this site ages ago as its so good at organising all the data especially expected vs actual and with filters
Calendar | Forex Factory
says forex but stocks in trading are driven by larger factors. Also I got one for stock quarterly results rumour vs news but Im slipping, havent used either site much recently.

VVayDVq.jpg PCBuYgo.jpg G9ALEp9.png Gn9bW0a.png +RDSB? £22 and 400p BP I can dream

Last edited:
Caporegime

If it was easy everyone would at it.
Can say same for bitcoin, tesla basically every company.
You've also got to hold past the temptation of selling when it's up multiples.

Associate
Is the paid version worth it then?
I like it but new to all this so there could be better in the market.

The free version is great, fee free aside from FX rates and the referrals amongst family members have been very rewarding all round. I upgraded to the paid version as I wanted the additional stocks (AMC etc.) and the limit / stop loss order feature. I've contacted their support a couple of times and they've been very quick to respond so no complaints. Like i say i'm new to all this and just liked the simplicity / ease of use so there could well be far better solutions out there.

Soldato
I like it but new to all this so there could be better in the market.

The free version is great, fee free aside from FX rates and the referrals amongst family members have been very rewarding all round. I upgraded to the paid version as I wanted the additional stocks (AMC etc.) and the limit / stop loss order feature. I've contacted their support a couple of times and they've been very quick to respond so no complaints. Like i say i'm new to all this and just liked the simplicity / ease of use so there could well be far better solutions out there.
The £10 a month for the paid version I could just be putting into the free version, I'm new to this myself but I don't really see any benefits to the pro version.

Caporegime
I sold my nio at 41, after getting cold feet. Bought at 41 they dropped to around 36 and when they went back up sold at even. But all a learning curve
nio was expanding fast though doubling the manufacturing capacity, also they have been building 2.5 charging stations a day.

it's not like it's going up because of nothing.

you should pay more attention to news and investor relations which every listed company has, when a company releases earnings don't just go google and look at the revenue/profit, check out the whole presentation etc
it was kinda obvious nio is going up at some point

Soldato
Anyone else looked at this Seraphim IPO?

Was considering it. Would need a new account though, HL still preferred? I don't want to faff with a second S&S ISA so just a regular trading account.

Soldato
Anyone else looked at this Seraphim IPO?

Was considering it. Would need a new account though, HL still preferred? I don't want to faff with a second S&S ISA so just a regular trading account.

Yes I'm thinking about it, don't have much else to say on the matter though lol - will use HL since I already have a S&S ISA there

Caporegime
Nio car numbers are out
BEIJING — Chinese electric car start-up Nio said Thursday it delivered more than 8,000 cars in one month for the first time.
The company delivered 8,083 vehicles in June, bringing the second-quarter total to 21,896 cars, according to a release. That quarterly figure came in on the high end of Nio’s forecast for deliveries of between 21,000 and 22,000 vehicles in the three months ended June.
sitting around 54$ so far premarket. maybe the good news stops any dips

Back
Top Bottom