Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
China is causing upset, bad for everyone if they carry on like that
With 34 Pending Filings, China Sends A Message: No More US IPOs | ZeroHedge

PMG doing very well recently but it was always too cheap seems like, I figured it was risk premium but Im sure there is worse risks. Is the energy price in Europe going to stay high like this

Nvidia up 50% in a quarter

I took some Herald HRI as discount to assets seems fair to hold, questor sourced tip

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone with airline stocks still holding? I'm still heavily down (roughly 18-20%) and wondering whether to stay the course, or sell.

Vaccines do seem to be turning the tide globally, but equally it appears fragile and one small thing e.g. a new variant could tip these companies into bankruptcy.

Soldato
Is anyone with airline stocks still holding? I'm still heavily down (roughly 18-20%) and wondering whether to stay the course, or sell.

Vaccines do seem to be turning the tide globally, but equally it appears fragile and one small thing e.g. a new variant could tip these companies into bankruptcy.

Yeah I'm still in AAL but then that's up 42% less a 4% FX impact. Down 4% on RR who are linked but didn't want to risk any of the others at the time.

Caporegime

too many retail investors buying "covid" shares who don't get how the world works :p

not saying your one but it put me off most covid recovery stocks.

issue a billion shares = your share price never climbs back to covid heighs
people look at the stock chart, damn it's down 200% it's bound to recover to pre covid levels right? it's not like they just watered down their shares to survive a pandemic ;)
you can't water something down and them come back at full strength

Soldato

Yes still in with IAG. You must have brought at the highs.

They have been a bit of a yoyo recently, however I'm still up c15%, was 35% say 3 weeks ago.

Caporegime
Yeah I'm also in on airlines. Stupidly didn't sell at the peak. I'm actually surprised is still tracking down. I thought with way things were looking they'd be stable/mild climbs

Equally everything is basically in the red.

Soldato
too many retail investors buying "covid" shares who don't get how the world works :p

not saying your one but it put me off most covid recovery stocks.

issue a billion shares = your share price never climbs back to covid heighs
people look at the stock chart, damn it's down 200% it's bound to recover to pre covid levels right? it's not like they just watered down their shares to survive a pandemic ;)
you can't water something down and them come back at full strength

True, but I bought in before the share dilution. That's not to say it wasn't a risky investment choice anyway...!

Caporegime
True, but I bought in before the share dilution. That's not to say it wasn't a risky investment choice anyway...!
It was easy money at one point, but imo it's mostly over.
I think it will rise higher then profit takers willl drop it down to a new higher low as base. I dont think we will see below $45 again barring an absolute disaster
NIO is 43.60 right now after hitting 53+
probably a good time to buy for anyone who was waiting for a dip

Soldato
Any advice chaps? My company shares are coming up to the sell window for the MDs so the market will get pumped. They are at an all time high at the moment. I have about £24k put away - I might pull some out; I assume I won't attract CGT as my profit is no where near £12k. I don't expect we'll outperform the market and this is "semi-long-term-fun-token-fund" (3 years?). Stick them in a fund?

Soldato
Any advice chaps? My company shares are coming up to the sell window for the MDs so the market will get pumped. They are at an all time high at the moment. I have about £24k put away - I might pull some out; I assume I won't attract CGT as my profit is no where near £12k. I don't expect we'll outperform the market and this is "semi-long-term-fun-token-fund" (3 years?). Stick them in a fund?
I always sell my company stock (get in every 3 months) and stick in in a selection of low-medium risk funds to diversify a bit. Like you say, never pay CGT but pay a LOT on the gain through my pay packet (basically the difference between my discounted buy price and the market price on the day of purchase). CGT is only on the difference between the market price on purchase day and market price on sell day (which is never anywhere near £12k)

Soldato
I always sell my company stock (get in every 3 months) and stick in in a selection of low-medium risk funds to diversify a bit. Like you say, never pay CGT but pay a LOT on the gain through my pay packet (basically the difference between my discounted buy price and the market price on the day of purchase). CGT is only on the difference between the market price on purchase day and market price on sell day (which is never anywhere near £12k)
Yeah I think mine is similar - taxed on the difference between sell and buy?

Soldato
My company shares

The company stock name is ? some stocks are awful even if the job is great the company growth can be mediocre etc.

3 years is short term imo I dont know RR turns around especially is paying a great dividend etc. in that time and my best hopes for AAL is 10 years they are correct in their asset investment like they divested coal recently TGA.L and thats showing +50% so were they wrong not really.

Funds is best for most people and I think its a more liquid situation less hassle being correct on timing as its mixed prospects. Also arguably a positive in terms of hedging, if your company screws up somehow maybe its a job risk and also this share value risk at the same time so I'd agree its a reduction in risk.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-prices-steamrolling-toward-2000-goldman-sachs-170547546.html

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I'm also in on airlines. Stupidly didn't sell at the peak. I'm actually surprised is still tracking down. I thought with way things were looking they'd be stable/mild climbs

Equally everything is basically in the red.

If you on BA you would be laughing today. Why did it rip?

Anyone on SPCE? Thinking of loading up with the space flight on the weekend but can't work out if the price is already factored in

Soldato
Airlines wise I'm in IAG, figured they were too big to fall given the airlines they cover.
Also into RR, which has been a bit of a ride of late..

I should imagine we'll see a slow rise on that sort of thing now that restrictions are being lifted, I expect them not to go back to pre-rona levels though for a while yet as there will still be variants and the likes and those that refuse to travel, or get vaccinated so cant travel and so on, think we'll be looking at ~5 years before air travel gets close to normal again.

Associate
I'm big into airlines as im in the industry and took some hefty punts last year, mainly on EZY, IAG and JET2, currently up on everything thanks to buying early last year. Wizz and Ryanair are already back to/above pre-pandemic levels, so i dont believe it'll take 5yrs+ for share prices to recover. Pax numbers maybe. - https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/...iOiJjaGFydCIsInBhbmVsTmFtZSI6ImNoYXJ0In19fX0-

So i'll be holding my shares for a while yet, think there's still plenty of upside to go, esp with the recent news and yesterday.

Soldato
Skyscanner were on the news this morning as seeing a 50% increase in traffic. Looks like they could recover quite quickly, allbeit differently and with a lower cost base.

Back
Top Bottom