Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Come on Rolls Royce :D getting nervous that the current growth can't possibly be sustained into a full recovery but you never know!

The US Air Force are deciding on a winner of a contract for 600+ engines this month, between RE, GE and P&W, if RR gets it you can bet there will be a massive jump.

Been good news on many different avenues for RR lately.

Won't be anywhere near a full recovery but you can bet it'll be a big pump.

Soldato
19.5% up at the mo, we like this...

Yeah, it's covering my losses on Blue Prism and Argo and put my ISA into a gain for the first time in a while! Currently up ~40% on RR

I'm debating getting in on this. One of the highlights of the pandemic was the move by bars/restaurants to move to app based ordering. Quite a few tried to do their own thing and ended up with a very clunky interface. Whereas you could really tell when some bars had a proper system behind it.

It made things so much better, not having to wait around for someone to take your order or mess around waiting for a bill when you'd finished and being able to just get up and leave. Obviously their growth has been a bit forced and i wonder if they've peaked with venues moving back to the old way of working, but it still feels tempting as surely it's the future if they can tempt in some other businesses and then move abroad.

https://round.app/why-round/

Soldato
40 up n RR, been in a while longer than me then, so far they are my 2nd best performing share, with AML being up around the high 80's at the mo, I've already sold half of my AML and put it into a few other things that I'm expecting to recover well in the next 5 years, I might pull the rest of my AML if it goes above 100% again (last sell was when it hit 104%) and redistribute that around as I cant see them going much higher, IMHO of course.

Soldato
Average 105 here, it's good stuff.

With the mention above about the US contract can't help but wonder if this is a case of buy the rumour sell the news though? Maybe it does dip once the bid is announced regardless of the outcome?

Soldato
It's still on my buy list regardless of it dipping, I might round it up to the nearest 1k shares and then start to look at other things, see how it looks when it gets to that point

Soldato
Morning All,

I appreciate September is usually a bad month for stock, but I'm getting a bit twitchy given all this talk of inflation, labour shortage, benefit payments stopping, a another crisis in the news today.

Has anyone sold up recently? I'm considering selling a good stake of some of my holdings. I have a big chunk in NWG, which I'm a considerable amount up on.

Do we think its the usual scare mongering or correction coming? :D

Isn't it October that is supposed to be bad? Just as February is traditionally bad with US markets usually losing up to 3%.

Soldato
Looks like Argo Blockchain has listed on the Nasdaq. Not sure how that works T212 is showing at $17.37, but the OTC LSE shares are 147p so they've done something in terms of the class of stock.

I've never liked Argo compared to other miners. It always seemed to trail the likes Marathon those with better liquidity. I presume this listing is designed to address that, and probably provide a nice return for the owners/large investors.

Soldato
Looks like Argo Blockchain has listed on the Nasdaq. Not sure how that works T212 is showing at $17.37, but the OTC LSE shares are 147p so they've done something in terms of the class of stock.

I've never liked Argo compared to other miners. It always seemed to trail the likes Marathon those with better liquidity. I presume this listing is designed to address that, and probably provide a nice return for the owners/large investors.

The Nasdaq listings entitle the holder to 10 ordinary shares.

Soldato
Rolls having another Stormer today! Love it!

Especially a good sign that it's carried on above 130p. That's been a notorious sell off point for a lot of people in the recent past. An even better sign it's not getting sold off before the weekend!

Soldato
Don't jinx it! I don't have a stop limit set at the moment because I always seem to set it a bit too close and then it gets taken out by a slight dip. How far behind do you guys typically set them?

Soldato
I've heard that guys in Derby have been offered overtime for the first time in nearly 2 years, so the engine side is starting to ramp up again, add to that the other fingers they have pies in, could be on for a good run.
I dropped £500 on them this morning after finally closing my position on AML shares, up 87% but doesn't seem to have been shifting much so sold them and bunged a chunk into RR which had dropped my RR average down to 11%, its back up to nearly 17% already though so that's nice :)

Soldato
I've been absolutely shafted this week on IPO's on both ASLI and Argo

Both have dropped share prices by around 15% and my holdings are fairly big in both :( I'm not really sure why you'd list at such a discount to market prices. Argo were talking of pricing of $18.40 but then went live at $15

Caporegime
I've been absolutely shafted this week on IPO's on both ASLI and Argo

Both have dropped share prices by around 15% and my holdings are fairly big in both :( I'm not really sure why you'd list at such a discount to market prices. Argo were talking of pricing of $18.40 but then went live at $15

I don't see why you wouldn't wait until the dust settles. The 25% drop this week looks like a good buy now for a quick pump and dump.

I may get some. Wait until it pumps 10-15%. I'm not greedy. Then sell and look for the next opportunity. Rinse and Repeat.

Soldato
I don't see why you wouldn't wait until the dust settles. The 25% drop this week looks like a good buy now for a quick pump and dump.

I may get some. Wait until it pumps 10-15%. I'm not greedy. Then sell and look for the next opportunity. Rinse and Repeat.

Oh i've not sold, if my post made it sound like that. They're both long term holds for me, but just annoying to see.

Back
Top Bottom