Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I've had a few which have made some sizable losses.

Argo seems to invertly correlated to the US listing, the US listing has increased by 10% since listing and the UK share has dropped 20%. Work that out :p

Boohoo has also dropped like a stone, however for me i don't think the interim report was as bad as it could've been. Bad news was generally due to transport issues and doesn't merit a 30% sell off for me. Have just averaged down with a bit of spare case, so my fingers are crossed for a recovery there!

Soldato
Decided to sell up my NatWest shares (81% up), I'm sure it will now sky rocket
Its still government owned, hard to argue too much . Investment banking, I'd prefer JPM maybe even Barc or STAN.
I sold bit of JII and PMG both of which are good and not sure its a sell but profit taking when I didnt always buy the lowest price is fair and I have lots similar in gas and BRIC. RDSB had a gas bias for a while and I like its being petitioned as a cleaner 'transition' energy which it is

Soldato
What are your guys portfolios if they have tanked in the past few days?

Mines been pretty crap, but that's down to me selling my AML shares and then taking that money and putting it in RR, IAG etc, I was at a minus for a few days, and then it creeped back into the 2-4% mark, I've just checked and that's now 13% as I'm suddenly up over 50% on RR which was only mid to low 20's last week, need to go read up on whats happened there..

Soldato
Its still government owned, hard to argue too much . Investment banking, I'd prefer JPM maybe even Barc or STAN.
I sold bit of JII and PMG both of which are good and not sure its a sell but profit taking when I didnt always buy the lowest price is fair and I have lots similar in gas and BRIC. RDSB had a gas bias for a while and I like its being petitioned as a cleaner 'transition' energy which it is

Thats what I need to remember regardless of what happens next - took profit, should be happy :)

Caporegime
Mines been pretty crap, but that's down to me selling my AML shares and then taking that money and putting it in RR, IAG etc, I was at a minus for a few days, and then it creeped back into the 2-4% mark, I've just checked and that's now 13% as I'm suddenly up over 50% on RR which was only mid to low 20's last week, need to go read up on whats happened there..

I'm currently in mining stocks. As in traditional mining of fossil fuels.

Energy prices are essentially a straight line up. Go look at anything gas, coal, etc it's all essentially a vertical line.

I can't see it stopping either as winter isn't even here yet.

Soldato

Energy prices are essentially a straight line up. Go look at anything gas, coal, etc it's all essentially a vertical line.

I'll take a look for my next round, I've just rearranged some of my shorter-term stuff and added a fund to the list, gets tiring watching individual stocks..

Caporegime
I'll take a look for my next round, I've just rearranged some of my shorter-term stuff and added a fund to the list, gets tiring watching individual stocks..

I've not touched uranium. I researched it and it's all essentially one company buying up the market. That bubble could burst at any moment if they stop buying.

Stick to traditional oil and gas, especially gas and traditional mining companies of resources which are in huge demand in short supply like coal, various metals, etc. I don't want to shill one of the companies I'm into big at the moment as I want to buy more. I may shill in a month or two and see what people think.

Ive gotten big wins on Kistos so far. Which nobody took interest in on here. If they bought when I posted it's up 60% in the space of a couple of months.

Associate

do you have any recommendations on funds that cover a blend of commodities? I have a vanguard ISA with life strategy 80% and S&P500 and a recently opened II SIPP which only has a bit of vanguard retirement 2040. I think you are right to go heavy in commodities for the short term so I’m thinking of transferring half of what I have into a/some blended commodities funds/ EFTs. Are there any you recommended that can be bought on my platforms? Is the vanguard one worth while? I’ve heard mixed things about JPM and Bloomberg’s ones.

Caporegime
Palantir up 9% premarket :D
PLTR won a $823 million contract to provide the Army with its Gotham platform, which is “an operating system for defense decision making and is specifically designed to connect the dots between disparate sources,” Palantir said in a statement.
I was averaging down yesterday on it :D

What are your guys portfolios if they have tanked in the past few days?
CRSR & NIO both down 10% for me....

CRSR seems popular with the shorts which is annoying been hoovering around 30% shorted for awhile now.

loads of the market was red 5-10% in the last month

Last edited:
Caporegime
do you have any recommendations on funds that cover a blend of commodities? I have a vanguard ISA with life strategy 80% and S&P500 and a recently opened II SIPP which only has a bit of vanguard retirement 2040. I think you are right to go heavy in commodities for the short term so I’m thinking of transferring half of what I have into a/some blended commodities funds/ EFTs. Are there any you recommended that can be bought on my platforms? Is the vanguard one worth while? I’ve heard mixed things about JPM and Bloomberg’s ones.

Sorry I'm only holding 2 individual stocks. One of which is Kistos. I sold all of my index trackers and funds months ago to put into kistos.

All my new funds are buying another company which is in the fossil fuel industry and it's a short term play over 6 months and then I'll move out of this market and look at other opportunities once this market is saturated.

Caporegime
I thought I was too late :( TO be fair, I probably was when I saw it :) (c£3)

It hit £3.70 and is currently £3.35. I would be buying even now. This will hit £5 within 6 months. Have you seen gas prices? They are going up in a straight line. Do you have any idea the profits they will be making? This isn't Scottish power who is selling gas at a loss. This is the producer they are selling at market rate so making 5-10 times the profit they had anticipated and that is rising every day.

Their CEO made a 42 times return over 5 years on his previous venture in this very same industry.

That means even as a long term play this is very sound.

He has £25 million of his own money in this company. He won't be selling any of his shares on the open market which have trebled so he's made £50 million so far.

I fully expect them to be bought out by a bigger player in 2-4 years time and when that happens you should see a very very nice return.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was thinking about going in for more NIO now they've dipped a bit more but I'm not so sure anymore.
33.2 to 33.3 in premarket so could easily fall as nio refuses to move sideways, good news is bad news

I'd wait personally until it has at least one good day like wait until 34, then bail at 36 or 38 :p

Nio park doesn't open until 2022/23 so probably will just be ups and downs for awhile

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom