Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Surely TSLA will come crashing down, it's had two bear markets this year already, in January and April. I've read it's true valuation is around 610. I guess the shorters will be chomping at the bit. What are your strategies, ride the wave as long as possible, if it does crash at what point will you sell or short, after a 10% drop for example?

I've been a Tesla share holder since 2019, I've purchased the stock multiple times however never sold. Looking back I should have sold at least some stock when the price was originally over $900, then re-purchased lower. The problem with that strategy is trying to time markets. I don't expect the price to crash as Tesla keeps beating wall street estimates, they are growing into their valuation. If the price did drop I wold be buying even more Tesla shares.

I believe the Tesla story is only just beginning and has at least another 10 years of growth ahead of it, it's possible I keep Tesla shares this long. It's not just a car company, it's also an AI, robotics and energy company.

My prediction is Tesla stock could over 10x from here. If this happens I will re-find this post and quote it again in the future.

Associate
Anyone know of a good broker for buying US shares (preferably fractional shares as those that I want to buy are so damn expensive!!)? Interactive Brokers seem ok from my initial research but wondered if any others use them or can suggest some suitable alternatives?

Soldato
Got out of the GME cult recently, had a few thousand invested in what I thought was a possible money spinner, but over the course of the last 8 months have come to realise that the price is not controlled by shorting but by the day trading and buying by retail. The SEC report was damning but they fail to want to believe it.

Luckily I never paid over 150 dollars for any of my shares so retained a small profit. Taking my money out and never returning to the stock market.

Soldato
Anyone know of a good broker for buying US shares (preferably fractional shares as those that I want to buy are so damn expensive!!)? Interactive Brokers seem ok from my initial research but wondered if any others use them or can suggest some suitable alternatives?
fractional us shares would be Freetrade io not sure of others besides betting

10 years of growth ahead of it

10 years of growth could be true but it may not occur in the shares themselves, if we are projecting future events like most shares seem to then the value accountable to the share base could already be there now reflecting everything for a decade. If there is only electric or hydrogen car sales in 2030 what % does Tesla need of those sales for it to be fair value.
I remember for years Apple was 'unpopular' as a share and its margins doubted as sustainable, they are to this day charging silly high premiums to their customers & it never lost that so its been fair all along

Taking my money out and never returning to the stock market.
Fine short term but after that money is best used to reduce a mortgage or similar. UK rates can spike as we have the largest amount of index linked debt in the world, a remnant of the 70's

Last edited:
Associate

Ibkr are the real deal. They are excellent.

Caporegime
I've been a Tesla share holder since 2019, I've purchased the stock multiple times however never sold. Looking back I should have sold at least some stock when the price was originally over $900, then re-purchased lower. The problem with that strategy is trying to time markets. I don't expect the price to crash as Tesla keeps beating wall street estimates, they are growing into their valuation. If the price did drop I wold be buying even more Tesla shares.

I believe the Tesla story is only just beginning and has at least another 10 years of growth ahead of it, it's possible I keep Tesla shares this long. It's not just a car company, it's also an AI, robotics and energy company.

My prediction is Tesla stock could over 10x from here. If this happens I will re-find this post and quote it again in the future.

Their solar is a complete disaster. Their batteries are hugely overpriced.

Tesla is pretty much doge coin now. People keep buying because it keeps going up and the reason why it keeps going up is because people keep buying. Nothing to do with the business but because that is literally what all the meme and get rich crowd are shilling.

10 times from here? Lol. That would put it worth 5 times what Microsoft is and Microsoft has a monopoly on operating systems and has fingers in pretty much every tech out there.

Over the next 5-10 years it may triple but that's a realistic prediction. 10 times from here is same as moon boys saying bitcoin is going to be worth 300k in December.

But it's the easy buy for those that cannot beat the market through due diligence.

Tesla is pretty much GameStop and AMC right now. Pumped to high heaven.

Caporegime
Got out of the GME cult recently, had a few thousand invested in what I thought was a possible money spinner, but over the course of the last 8 months have come to realise that the price is not controlled by shorting but by the day trading and buying by retail. The SEC report was damning but they fail to want to believe it.

Luckily I never paid over 150 dollars for any of my shares so retained a small profit. Taking my money out and never returning to the stock market.

If that's what you are invested in then good. You shouldn't be buying stocks. It's same as doge coin in the crypto world. Yes people make lots of money out of it but you have to get in early and sell before it crashes. It's not a smart move by any means just jumping on a bandwagon.

I've made money off crypto but I buy stuff before it's shilled to high heaven.

Soldato
If that's what you are invested in then good. You shouldn't be buying stocks. It's same as doge coin in the crypto world. Yes people make lots of money out of it but you have to get in early and sell before it crashes. It's not a smart move by any means just jumping on a bandwagon.

It wasn't so much jumping on a bandwagon. I read a lot of the information and the situation and media, presented to me and drank the coolaid. It seemed to begin with that, the stock was basically shorted to **** and I'm a certain situation would moon. After a fair while I started to notice small flaws in the logic. It soon became apparent that what I had perceived to be true, wasn't.
I didn't just jump on a bandwagon
(note to future you, try to be less condescending)

Soldato

Pot calling the kettle....

You've openly admitted jumping on someone else's bandwagon (your friends "tips") so calling others out for doing similar is just ridiculous....

Caporegime
Pot calling the kettle....

You've openly admitted jumping on someone else's bandwagon (your friends "tips") so calling others out for doing similar is just ridiculous....

Buying shiba inu type stocks is completely different to buying useful businesses. Also following someone you know advice is completely different to random folk on reddit too.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't really 'trade' much but remembered I had some Tesla shares in Revolut still so have just sold them.
Any recommendations for some US Tech-based stuff that looks like reasonable value that I should check out?

Soldato
I don't really 'trade' much but remembered I had some Tesla shares in Revolut still so have just sold them.
Any recommendations for some US Tech-based stuff that looks like reasonable value that I should check out?

Globalfoundaries a chip company just newly listed up 10% today but who knows the future.

Soldato
Devolver Digital are apparently listing on the LSE later this week.

Tempted to buy in - what's the best way of (potentially) making money at launch?

Soldato
5 years from now I will requote your post. Tesla price will go significantly higher.

Price will go higher for almost anything so long as the value of currency continues to fall. Nobody quotes the future worth of money but its an equal part of prices we discuss. The plan is they devalue currency to support government overspending and continual debt, stimulus whatever it also has the side effect of helping various companies which dont make profit but grow a customer base with investment of cheap easy money. Could be Tesla is much higher nominally, how much can they grow their customer base.

PCT is a lot of tech shares, overall its over a 10% discount. HRI is like that but uk tech which means very much smaller size companies

Soldato
And I hope you quote the part where I said it can go maybe 3 times also

In fairness I never read you posted that.

I still believe that Tesla is going vastly higher over the coming years. The other stock that will continue to go much higher is Nvidia.

Many of the legacy car companies will have a Detroit moment and go bust, or merge, or exist in name only.

One company that I predict to collapse is Aston Martin.

Back
Top Bottom