Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Yep, Just moved every last thing i could at the moment, avg of £1.46 so happy enough for now

Precogz
CNR
Thanks for asking. This is worth special consideration if by any miracle the price CLOSES (important word) above 170 as it permits a long term cycle toward 290p. This is taken from stepping back and looking at a 5 year+ view.

This share is quite interesting. There have been two gap-ups recently, indicating the market wants the price moved to a new level. Just about every logic I throw at it suggests the price is heading near term toward 198 as it's outperforming on every rise. The price would require to drop below 137.25 before we'd have concerns. This would indicate the potential of a rewind toward 110. Which WOULD close the recent gap!

Its testing 180 as i type

Last edited:
Associate
Amongst all the flannel and waffle on the BB's, what do people believe is the next destination for CNR?
Anyone considering taking profit and running for safety? I know I am.
I much prefer the stable utilities with nice divvies, makes for an easier life.

Personally, and this is just my humble one... 215-225 with a couple of dips along the way.

Expect another RNS in the short term, nice rise and a gradual fall off dropping down to 180ish where it'll stay until the new year.

I should expect more and deep down I think it probably will go to 250, but this year has made me very pessimistic about share and the market's reaction to positive RNSs. I live to be proven wrong as always! ORE *cough*!

Soldato
CNR is usually a sell on news share. The rns will be out in mid September so I think it will continue to climb till then probably 220-240 (11-12p old money) then fall as people profit take.

However it has been so undervalued for so long and it is getting hard to ignore the real value as the positive rns keep coming. They have to move on an end game sometime. Dig or sell.

The brokers also looking at 230-270 soon as per links above. It just so hard to say where it will settle

Hope that clears it all up for you :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it could be tied to predicting the gold price instead. 1740 or 50 I think is a reasonable near term target matching previous tops
There is space till 2000 if Euro joins Dollar in pulling itself up by the bootstraps, buying its own bonds it could mean currencies are less valuable vs gold. 2000 is just three previous years extrapolated, so long as the story continues its on course to do that.

The news seems to justify central banks continuing to restock gold, like China was the worlds largest gold producer, now they keep all domestic gold and buy in more. and so on

I lost my main CNR chart, the company went broke. I seem to remember 10 was a fair place and some bank bought at 9p.
Im not planning to sell any, I bought a bit more at 5p but missed the low. I took things like ABG instead which I have then sold again. So I will hold and hope they get taken over, no doubt we loop back and forth.
I will watch for a top in gold first unless we double or triple from here I dont own enough at present. Lots of space in gold still so just waiting, hope the CNR managers keep doing ok

GKP actually looks to be doing good and surely much closer to actual production. It was the ironic sensible choice lol
target 250 nearterm

Last edited:
Soldato
CNR off and flying again already

Resistance 2 239.8
Resistance 1 192.3
Closing price 176.5

Support 1 144.8
Support 2 113.2

If we break 192 today things good go really well!

lol, just went 193, 196 on the ask :D:D

200.......Lift off!

Last edited:
Soldato
Good times. I must have been 60-70% down on CNR at some points, and invested about a quarter of my portfolio in them..

The figures always made sense even when I got in so I'm not really sure why we dipped that low or if it took the consolidation and environment to improve confidence. The boards always blame MMs. Now it's just picking the right time to get out..

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Couldn't be more happy with CNR. So glad I stuck with it through the massive dips of late. I've been in since around 1p in old money and I'm waiting for 400p personally.

Soldato
Condor this week has been incredible and there's still so much good news to come. So glad I sold all my MXP holding (330k shares at a loss of 69%!) and dumped them into Condor last week (100% of my portfolio now, 50k shares at £1.10 average). Big risk but hey, that's how I roll. :) Due to the rise this week I've covered all my MXP losses and am in very good profit now for the first time in what feels like forever.

Roll on 2m+ oz, 800k indicated, PEA, PFS and BFS! Hopefully the BFS is not too far away but I'm not sure how long it will take to get this report out for La India - is Q1 2013 realistic? News of early production will really send this rocketing, I'm sure MC has an ace up his sleeve where this is concerned...

Soldato
200 top, thats pretty much face value judgement to an emotional rally. I think it'd have stayed closer if we were 10p as that sounds less of a hurdle

My data sucks on CNR, what was the vol yesterday. Higher then this hopefully
Code:
Volume:	811,865
Avg Vol (3m):	126,693

More importantly gold is risen strongly again. 1740, here Im more concerned that it should not fall badly
1688 1673 and 1650 to hold in any rebound would be good.

FKqzp.png
1yr good chart. OBV shows we are in parallel or justified at 170. MFI shows hot money, we are lit up, needs to simmer back down - possibly

MTaOf.png
2 yr, OBV more flat and we need to hold here with volume and this'll justify higher moves. Vol is not as high as shares highest prices were

s8Sjy.png
6 month chart, the vol is good and we held relatively high to close the week. OBV matches price, you do want to see or it'd not hold high

Mgdxl.png
Ignoring +/- variation in base value or any costs since 2007, Relative to golds rise the share would be 257p
289p if gold gets $2000, relatively guessing

xOMeB.png

UPDATE 3-Intel cuts sales outlook on weak PC demand; shares fall

Last edited:
Soldato
50m is not enough if it blows its top but that doesnt happen most times

I've covered all my MXP losses and am in very good profit now for the first time in what feels like forever.
Conventional advice would be to take profits and/or diversify when you can. The whole gold and mining sector is due to rise as it does not reflect profits available from sales at this market price.
VED and CNE are constricted by the Indian market which actually forces price controls so companies sell at a loss, incredible. So commodity shares are more complicated then plain metal but even so I think they too cheap. Also they give interest back, CNE is still below its cash and value of stock in cairn india
http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=BOM:500900&ei=ZKJMULjjOqL3wAPH2gE
http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NYSE:SLT&ei=raJMUOCnEsqYwQO-Aw
http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=BOM:500188&sq=Hindustan Zinc&sp=1&ei=F6JMUKDFHcGtwAPefw
http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=BOM:500134

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom