Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I can't see the markets keeping any of the gains from today, as you point out this is the calm (wrong word I know), before the storm.

I have no idea what will happen, this is unprecedented but with the amount of unemployment predicted, the amount of money being thrown in the markets I just don't see how it is sustainable, Donald thinks everything will be fine in weeks, most scientists saying this will last until next year, probably going to take months at the minimum, they can't keep building national debt for that amount of time while everybody is sat at home doing nothing, you can do it in wartime because everybody is still part of the workforce be it manufacturing or being soldiers, not so much when literally half the workforce is essentially put on pause

Soldato
Of course it won’t keep today’s gains in the short term; but what if this is a sign of slowly inching up? But globally diversified portfolio would probably minimise some of this volatility anyway...

Soldato
Trump's putting his re-election campaign over the lives of US citizens is putting the country on a course to the worst possible outcome. When the bodies start piling up in New York we'll head towards the real bottom.

Caporegime
Even IAG went up with the market yesterday which doesn't make sense, unless there was a huge over sell? (For a company with no business)

Soldato
Could end of tax year have anything to do with it? People filling their ISA allowances or directors offloading cash into pensions and instead of holding as cash and analysing the market in a normal year, just investing straight away as prices already lower. Or would even those cumulative figures not be enough to move the market?

Soldato
FTSE up 5% now. Could have had 15% over the last two days - drops coming, for sure, but if ever proof was needed that you can’t predict market moves...

Back
Top Bottom