Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
My Iag is closer to £3.00 unfortunately, although sold my jet2 for a decent profit today, easyjet should be releasing some results shortly so tempted to buy back if there’s a dip, down around £1000 overall with the airlines but have a decent amount to put back in so tempted to average down somewhat.

sid

sid

Soldato
paying for stock picking websites is like paying to see ads on tv.

Read the historical financial statements that are available on most finance websites. Read the 10Qs and then read relevant/specialized press. Only high quality newspapers such as FT or WSJ, avoid most blogs and crappy websites where any tom dick and harry post an opinion - there's a lot of manipulation going on, boiler rooms are now all digital and aim to fill your news feed with 20 different sources parroting the same message about some stock so they create this peripheral appreciation for what they are peddling.

I agree to an extent for random blogs and people peddling advice on Instagram etc but I was specifically referring to respected websites which have been in business for a while such as zacks, Morningstar.

I read their suggestions and check the charts /numbers myself but there are thousands of listed companies and even more etfs and funds so its all overwhelming really.

Caporegime
Where do you do your research ? Does anyone pay for stock picking websites like motley fool, zacks , seeking alpha ?

Its hard to get in before everyone else does

No good trader is going to reveal their secrets. Anyone who does is likely a failed trader and is trying to make some more money. If they're making good money, they have no reason to sell their info.

It's a bit like sports tips, if someone knows an edge, you can bet your bottom dollar that will be locked up tighter than Rachel Riley's norks.

sid

sid

Soldato
No good trader is going to reveal their secrets. Anyone who does is likely a failed trader and is trying to make some more money. If they're making good money, they have no reason to sell their info.

It's a bit like sports tips, if someone knows an edge, you can bet your bottom dollar that will be locked up tighter than Rachel Riley's norks.

I think I'm looking for investments more than trading though. I agree no one is going to sell or give away their algorithms and technical analysis indicators if they work. Its the goose that lays golden eggs.

For longer term holds, I think it's more opinions and growth opportunities in the sector which are interesting to read. Electric cars, renewable energy, cloud computing, etc.

Associate
Doesnt seem to be much movement today either way. If it drops to 40ish i'll buy another 500. If not i'll wait and see what the earnings say and take my chances theres a big sell off.

Associate
True but looks like a small sell off going on already, dropped from 49.whatever to 46 now. I'd say a big sell off is coming.

I expect it to drop overt the next few days but not to 38-40, more 42ish. Then start rebuilding.

Associate
Yes improvements indeed but from the hype i'd say people are expecting more (NOT NIOS FAULT). Down to 45 per share in the after market currently.

Lots of people already moaning asking why it hasnt risen 20% since release. I expect them to panic sell and take profits tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom