Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

sid

sid

Soldato
I only started with real money 2 months ago and my outlook was different, i spread 200k over 20 companies,10k each but i just found it a hassle.

My current 4 are NIO, Amazon, Tesla and (only one letting me down currently, due to poor earnings) Beyond Burgers. Happy to sit on them all for another year and then will take 50% of whatever profit and use that profit to reinvest into a fancied up'n'comer.
Hi Ninja

How long did you practice before you went in with 200k?

Especially 200k in individual stocks

Sid

Associate
2 months i practiced mate but what i practiced and how i roll are different things. I practiced to get used to leverage and navigating the broker etc etc.

I dont use leverage either. That can make you or break you fast either way. I'm a sitter.

sid

sid

Soldato
2 months i practiced mate but what i practiced and how i roll are different things. I practiced to get used to leverage and navigating the broker etc etc.

I dont use leverage either. That can make you or break you fast either way. I'm a sitter.
Sure

I think we are playing a similar game just you are investing 10x more in stocks alone where as I have gone down funds route but there isn't much money to be made on the 5 year timescale.

Soldato
Does anyone have some good sources for finding new companies to research (ideally small/mid sized cap UK listed companies)

I currently read Share Magazine and Naked Trader which sometimes comes up with a good stock or two. Any other go to places people use?

Associate
After losing lots of money trying out CFD. I invested $1.6 in XRP, a day later I was up 100% with leverage 1:2, Now it fell a bit and I'm still up 50%

With regular investments I've got bitcoin driving up my total earnings to something like 5% in a week.

I realized that I have a USD account in 212, so I won't be topping it up, I can let my girlfriend invest instead, as she has a GBP account. Turns out my bank is charging me 3.5% for transferring in and also cashing out. That is insane. If you buy UK stocks you also pay some weird tax, so before you know I lost 10% just by touching the thing.

Managed to get 3 referrals so got free stocks American Airlines ($12), Easyjet ($10), and a lucky Uber ($50), will offset some of my losses!

Soldato
What do you guys think about the Brewdog shares? I think it's the last chance to pick them up directly ahead of their IPO at the moment...

Overpriced for me.

I got in at EFP3 and sold most at the last trading day.

If you do want some. You can buy through a guy on the forum. Generally around £14 per share but you don’t get the free beer perks like buying direct but still makes it worthwhile than paying ~£25 a share.

Last edited:
Soldato
After losing lots of money trying out CFD. I invested $1.6 in XRP, a day later I was up 100% with leverage 1:2, Now it fell a bit and I'm still up 50%

With regular investments I've got bitcoin driving up my total earnings to something like 5% in a week.

I realized that I have a USD account in 212, so I won't be topping it up, I can let my girlfriend invest instead, as she has a GBP account. Turns out my bank is charging me 3.5% for transferring in and also cashing out. That is insane. If you buy UK stocks you also pay some weird tax, so before you know I lost 10% just by touching the thing.

Managed to get 3 referrals so got free stocks American Airlines ($12), Easyjet ($10), and a lucky Uber ($50), will offset some of my losses!

What is going on in this post! You need to put your wallet away immediately, read some books and at least use play money accounts until you know how everything works. Even then read the books.

Soldato
Overpriced for me.

I got in at EFP3 and sold most at the last trading day.

If you do want some. You can buy through a guy on the forum. Generally around £14 per share but you don’t get the free beer perks like buying direct but still makes it worthwhile than paying ~£25 a share.

Since posting my previous post I looked into a bit more and I think I've concluded that although perhaps buying the 2 share minimum to get the discounts and such might be fun (i.e. treating it like a fan club fee) but it's not really worthwhile as an investment. I was initially thinking perhaps once they have their IPO if it happens then maybe having some shares from the fundraising might be an okay idea, but I kind of get the impression they have massively overvalued themselves (perhaps for £14 a share its not so bad, but part of me does want the fan club perks, so...)

Soldato
Since posting my previous post I looked into a bit more and I think I've concluded that although perhaps buying the 2 share minimum to get the discounts and such might be fun (i.e. treating it like a fan club fee) but it's not really worthwhile as an investment. I was initially thinking perhaps once they have their IPO if it happens then maybe having some shares from the fundraising might be an okay idea, but I kind of get the impression they have massively overvalued themselves (perhaps for £14 a share its not so bad, but part of me does want the fan club perks, so...)

If you bought direct from someone else, you'd still get the discounts and AGM invites etc. You just don't get the "boosted benefits" that they use to tempt you to buy like "spend X amount and get free beer subscription for a year etc. But then at a small amount they're not really worth it anyway.

It's been my most profitable investment so far, but at current prices i think they're expensive. Lots of people are waiting for an IPO, but i think that's a very long way off. The 2 guys seem to like it as they are from a control point of view and i think an IPO would send prices plumeting and obviously that's not in their interest either!

Associate
What is going on in this post! You need to put your wallet away immediately, read some books and at least use play money accounts until you know how everything works. Even then read the books.

That's easier said than done. What book, how many books, am I going to learn anything I can apply to get guaranteed profits? Too many variables.
I have all of my money in a well known UK fund. I traded on my own with some liquidity leftovers. Proudly lost $250 and $200 on fees (past and future).

Trading CFDs I failed every time then I thought I'm gonna do the opposite of what I want to do and I failed again. But in my trading account I'm up 5.5% in a week. Always wanted to own that Scottish Mortgage, but didn't know how until now.

I'm actually a homeless person and haven't slept in a building for several years. Hope the economy goes well and I can buy me a house ;)

Soldato
A lot of "gambling" going on in here by the sounds of it.

Very little strategy/though process/reasoning behind the various investments.

Trading CFD's and leveraging is a dangerous game.

Long and short - don't invest into anything on the grounds of internet forums/man down the pub said/guy on the inside etc. Do you own research, invest wisely in a sensible portfolio of stocks/funds and unless you are very very well versed in day trading, look/invest for the longer term.

Associate
A lot of "gambling" going on in here by the sounds of it.

Very little strategy/though process/reasoning behind the various investments.

Trading CFD's and leveraging is a dangerous game.

Long and short - don't invest into anything on the grounds of internet forums/man down the pub said/guy on the inside etc. Do you own research, invest wisely in a sensible portfolio of stocks/funds and unless you are very very well versed in day trading, look/invest for the longer term.

Yeah I'm a little worried for some people in this thread. The market has been incredibly easy pickings this year, more than at any point in my lifetime I think. Basically just buy the latest hype tech/EV stock and profit. When (if?) it eventually comes back down to earth some will be in for a rude awakening. Hopefully enough profit will have been made by that point to offset the damage.

Soldato
That's easier said than done. What book, how many books, am I going to learn anything I can apply to get guaranteed profits? Too many variables.
I have all of my money in a well known UK fund. I traded on my own with some liquidity leftovers. Proudly lost $250 and $200 on fees (past and future).

Trading CFDs I failed every time then I thought I'm gonna do the opposite of what I want to do and I failed again. But in my trading account I'm up 5.5% in a week. Always wanted to own that Scottish Mortgage, but didn't know how until now.

I'm actually a homeless person and haven't slept in a building for several years. Hope the economy goes well and I can buy me a house ;)

You're homeless and you're trading CFDs? What?

As for books, The Naked Trader (ISBN 0857197819) for a start, to learn the fundamentals and terminology. Beyond that and the fact that you're homeless I'm staying well clear of advice.

Soldato
I'm lucky enough to not give a shiz if it all goes to 0, yes it would be nice if it made me a millionaire but everything I have in shares is free money, I'm not putting things on credit cards or not paying bills etc, its all money from crypto profit...

I'll punt on daily stuff using 212 and having a quick look at what some of the guys here talk about, I wont do it blindly and I check out a bit of history..

I don't get the whole thing about not sharing knowledge, that's what we're here for, and if it makes you rich, why not share it with others, there will always be enough to go around..

Or am I missing something?!

Back
Top Bottom