Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
AAPL are only up 1% since yesterday probably a good bet
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ar-in-2024-with-next-level-battery-technology

something tells me Apple cars being like Apple phones would make people not want to buy them though :p

you probably can't even inflate the tyres without an apple device :p

Tesla are pretty bad for people wanting to work on them though right? I remember watching a docu about a guy who does it

I'm more interested in what this "next level" battery technology is. Apple tend to do things well, but I'm struggling to see how they can outdo companies like Tesla.

Associate
Yu Group PLC looking promising for 2021 since they reset the business and the potential for more acquisitions in the near term could be a multibagger.

Last edited:
Soldato
Long term punt on PHE.

In at 3.40 on Thursday, today's high, 4.95. +45%.

Latest RNS:

We are pleased to announce that Peel L&P Environmental ("Peel") has commenced
site preparation for the first commercial DMG® plant at Protos with initial
ground works. Peel has also embarked on phase 2 of infrastructure works at
Protos which include the preparation of access roads and laydown areas for the
works and utility service installation on Protos Plot 10b where the DMG® plant
will be installed.

This site work is ongoing whilst contract and post FEED (Front-End Engineering
Design) engineering definition proceeds for the site including:

* Negotiations with potential construction delivery contractors;
* Safety system procurement and the implementation of operational safety
systems based on a HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Analysis study) study for
Powerhouse's DMG process for the Protos application which has been
successfully completed by a joint team of Powerhouse, Peel and the
engineering consultants ;
* Provision of operational definition material for a future Operations &
Maintenance contract tender; and
* Further refinement to the construction measures to be applied in line with
modular build strategy.

Powerhouse has successfully recruited qualified and experienced operational and
technical staff this quarter, building the team in engineering with senior
process engineers, application engineers and support staff joining the team to
be based at the Thornton research and development centre, supporting further
technical advancements , Protos project activites and new business
development.

To facilitate expansion of the DMG® technology, Powerhouse has developed a
design for a solution that can export larger volumes of hydrogen, broadening
the scope for Peel to engage with smaller fleet consumers of hydrogen who
require supply to their own or third party off-site locations. In this
context, Peel has been progressing two sites through pre-planning engineering,
to incorporate these new DMG technology improvements. Consultation with the
local council authorities is expected to be initiated shortly.

Powerhouse has welcomed the UK Government's recent ten point plan for a green
industrial revolution, which highlighted the need for hydrogen production in
order to reach net zero and reduce carbon emissions.

Commenting on progress, Tim Yeo, Executive Chairman of Powerhouse Energy, said:

"We welcome the commencement of activity at Protos with clearance of the site
where the first commercial scale plant will be built, which will help
accelerate the UK's clean energy transition. Powerhouse is getting down to
business ahead of intense activity expected in 2021 as demand for our waste
plastic to hydrogen technology gains rapid momentum. The Company has
strengthened the board and appointed a number of key experts to our operational
team. I am looking forward to the next year as the opportunity for Powerhouse
continues to grow and our clean energy technology can become part of the
solution to air pollution and waste plastic".

Stuck around £60 @ 3.88p which was sitting in my H&L account into this on a punt!

Let's hope their technology is amazing and they go up to something stupid haha! :D

Caporegime
How does a company with a £4.67mil market cap and 30k revenue up from 0 build a port in India?
Current Stock Price : GBX 0.21
The company is currently implementing its maiden project of developing a modern port and logistics facility at Karanja Creek in the Raigad District of Maharashtra. The facility will be developed over 200 acres of land with a sea frontage of appx 1,000 meters.
some of this video looks kinda computer generated?

someone posted in the comments "
Seems to confirm my view that this is a scam investment and that no business is being done at this so called 'Port'."

but then I saw this

which looks like the site but
there gallery 2017
https://www.mercpl.com/gallery/Photo/site-works---november-27-2017/26
shows way more progress? possibly got flooded ? idk seems weird if it's the same place and it must be

Is this a scam? seems they cost it at around £27m but from what I gather they don't have it :p
also they changed company name and ticker they used to be called "skil ports and logistics"

anyone speak marathi or hindu and wanna check the areas local newspapers for photos

Last edited:

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Just topped up in Argo blockchain (ARB.L)

Crypto miner, thought it worth a punt with bitcoin doing what it is and the profit / mcap position is very sensible compared to peer valuations on the nasdaq etc. (MARA / HIVE / RIOT for example)

Got in at 9p and 15p, only 500 quid each time bit an interesting way to get some tax free exposure to crypto without all of the hard work :D

Caporegime
iShares Global Clean Energy seems to be possibly a good investment at the rate it's been climbing if anyone's looking for an ETF to check out.
they are only invested in 30 companies but seems a lot of the tickers aren't on 212.

I got 4 shares yesterday at 1153p up 4.51% so far (currently trading at 1207p)
https://www.ishares.com/uk/individual/en/products/251911/ishares-global-clean-energy-ucits-etf
  • NAV as of 22/Dec/2020 USD 15.55
    52 WK: 4.78 - 15.55
  • 1 Day NAV Change as of 22/Dec/2020 0.54 (3.63%)
  • NAV Total Return as of 21/Dec/2020 YTD: 123.83%

American Battery Metals is getting hyped up as hell it seems, cos mostly ex tesla people 'apparently' and they are planning to build a battery recycling plant 22miles away from a tesla factory in texas or wherever it was.

already 1.32$ a share from 0.19 though and probably 2-3 years from any real returns

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought INRG in my ISA and SIPP back in October, up around 25% since then. From what I understand they're positioned quite well, predominantly in younger companies which should see decent growth and mostly within the US which is behind the renewables curve.

Soldato
Trading 212 are now going to be charging 0.7% on all deposits other than bank transfers, once you've put in more than £2000.

The company claims it's to cover the fees of processing the payments, but isn't that much higher than the 0.3% maximum allowed for interchange fees.

It's only £12.60 on maxing out your ISA at £20,000 but still it's unwelcome.

Caporegime
Trading 212 are now going to be charging 0.7% on all deposits other than bank transfers, once you've put in more than £2000.

The company claims it's to cover the fees of processing the payments, but isn't that much higher than the 0.3% maximum allowed for interchange fees.

It's only £12.60 on maxing out your ISA at £20,000 but still it's unwelcome.

0.7% of £18,000 is £126...

Caporegime
do you guys think the brexit deal will push the markets up at all? even if not directly there must have been people waiting to see what happens before considering investing money in stocks here.
or biggest impact we will feel will just be any fx rate swings? seems americas already down with devaluing their currency longterm.

BTW what happens with stuff like the Bitcoin etf? BTC is up £1-1.5k since the market was last open.

will it get corrected before the market opens?

Soldato
do you guys think the brexit deal will push the markets up at all?

The 'deal' just confirms that we go into 2021 in a worse position than 2020, and besides that, some sort of agreement was looking likely before the markets closed anyway, so it's probably already priced in.

I suspect we'll see stagnation/decline for a while in the UK markets, as the details are digested, the empty victory rhetoric dies away, and people start asking....well what now?

Soldato
The 'deal' just confirms that we go into 2021 in a worse position than 2020, and besides that, some sort of agreement was looking likely before the markets closed anyway, so it's probably already priced in.

I suspect we'll see stagnation/decline for a while in the UK markets, as the details are digested, the empty victory rhetoric dies away, and people start asking....well what now?

It's funny how so people say this is already priced it, that is already priced in, be it Brexit, a company smashing earnings, take overs/mergers, stimulus packages etc... If everything even remotely on the radar is already priced in, then there wouldn't be much fluctuation in share prices.

Soldato
It's funny how so people say this is already priced it, that is already priced in, be it Brexit, a company smashing earnings, take overs/mergers, stimulus packages etc... If everything even remotely on the radar is already priced in, then there wouldn't be much fluctuation in share prices.

I'm not sure you understand what the phrase means? It just means that the movement has already happened....not that there isn't any movement.

Soldato
How many people got into AFC energy a few months ago? Sitting at 84p this morning, I invested quite heavily at 17p. This is my first position where i have more than tripled my initial investment.

Caporegime
jesus NVDA fell like a brick yesterday

saw on trading 212 sub reddit they are like wall street bets lol decided to get in on the action.
got scary pants moment with £100 worth of shares and bailed on the drop about 4quid up... (spread goes crazy wide when these start to drop)
bought another 200shares more at the second black then bailed with most of them at the second yellow for another small profit
aXpKaO0.jpg
wonder if it tanks at market open or if people keep pushing it higher for a few days.

If I was more open to risk could have made about 60% of 100quid, probably could have lost it just as easy though

Couv seems like a meme company almost, check their twitter lol they legit voting on what areas to invest in :D

some people on the reddit are going all in with thousands of shares on these things every day it seems :O
DO some DD the only thing pumping them is the hype on various sub reddits and twitter ....

although to be fair it seems they rebranded and got new management who wants to take them up the stock markets, still looks like a meme though https://twitter.com/couv_universe?lang=en

weirdest stuff on there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom