Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
If he took his initial investment out, and he's just playing with the profit, then I'd probs leave it there as well, its all free money...
Be damned tempting to pull out when you're in the mills though..

I would have been out of there the minute it hit $400 (though probably earlier :p).

Soldato
The final red flag (amongst so many) was retail demand effectively being cut off by kiddy pool zero commisson brokerages days ago.

At this point continuing to hold is just brainworms. I sincerely hope none of you lot got seriously burned by this.

Here's a fun question from the CFA exam :)

unknown.png

C? You equalise the risk and collect the 25% interest, right?

Caporegime
If you were holding shares with T212 i.e. £20 and the share dipped to -£5 value, do you have to cough up that extra £5 to T212?
negative value is impossible worst that happens is a company goes bust and your share is worth 0
unless your on a CFD account instead of invest/isa

Soldato
Noticed my Halifax trading account is linked on my banking app now, not groundbreaking news but handy if my mining shares take off, having said that they are on the Toronto venture market, not sure how long a sale would take
Not a case of wanting to sell, its more phycological that any profit will trigger me to buy something else

Associate
Probably the smart choice, I can’t see it climbing again now.

Nope, it would take a miracle at this point. If, when it drops it overcorrects then there could be a good buying opportunity. After all the reason the squeeze happened (and why I originally bought in at $17) was as a value play. on the Fundementals they'll turn a profit probably Q1, if not Q4 2020 based on console sales and with closing failing stores and an increased online presence with maybe the inclusion of PC hardware it's easily a $40 stock, maybe upto $65+ EOY.

Soldato
Isn't it. Is he smarter than us or more hopeufly or just truly going nuts in and seeing what happens? Or even faking it? I don't get it. Assume his millions are from this and this alone?

You could credit him with identifying an emotive story around the stock to suck people in and get them to suspend rationality and continue to pump the stock based on a feeling of injustice, like losing money to wall street was somehow sticking it to the man. There's real cult-level delusion in that subreddit.

I'd be interested to know where all the sock puppet awards were coming from....it would absolutely crack me up if it was professional traders just making/buying accounts and awards, and these greedy sods hiding behind their moral crusade got totally played by the people they were trying to stick it to :D

Soldato
I wonder if DFV is holding purely because of concern about backlash from angry redditers? His personal information got leaked and so that must make him a target for people who got in late on.

Maybe he's just decided he's got his $13m cashed out and thats enough for now. Especially if he got in at $4 and will likely still keep a decent chunk of profit even once all the short interest has gone as has been said above it's probably a $20 share anyway.

Soldato
I would have been out of there the minute it hit $400 (though probably earlier :p).

Yeah it's a tough game, I'm tempted to pull my initial investment in AML out and put it into one of my other holdings to give it a boost, or split it among them, rather than take it out and pocket it, I think that's where a lot of people miss out, taking profits rather than reinvesting them into the same thing to something else, guess it depends how you play the game.

Back
Top Bottom