Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Gamestop finally taking advantage of the stock price by deciding to sell up to 3.5million shares to raise captial

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/gam...lan-to-sell-up-to-3point5-million-shares.html
In its previous filing it already said it would, this just gives an actual number as some thought it would be 6m. The interesting part is that they upped their expected income by a huge amount, this seems really bullish on their part and confirms their 10k filing that they know they are going to see a fairly sizable short squeeze. Id say this is nothing but positive news.

Soldato
I just sold almost everything and now have 65% of my portfolio in Palantir, the rest in NIO/XPEV buying the dips. Risky but I can't see PLTR dropping below the $25 resistance, especially with people like ARK Invest doubling their position around $28.

Just moved some money out of crypto. You still confident with Palantir?

A quick read up and the Defence stuff sounds very interesting - we are all moving more towards Cyber warfare (US/UK especially) so this type of technology is at the forefront. Any articles etc i should check out?

Soldato
It hasn't hurt the share price too much. A large initial drop, now only down 2%

It doesnt have to hurt their share price, AIM companies do this all the time as a form of financing and it can be troubling in excess but in this situation its a minor probably. They sell a $billion of shares say, now that money belongs to the company and the existing share holders its part of asset value. Its more a case of what good do they do with the money or do directors reward themselves.

BP on the other hand is promising to buy back shares, good rise today and 290p has been a place to buy generally I think. I keep hoping BP and RDSB will 'fill the gap' and blip back upto some pre covid type pricing; unlikely I realise but in charting terms a gap is filled, lower volume makes it easier to do so etc. theory but surprisingly these things happen.

DXY still milling about 92 /93 if it forms this as a low I'd expect some pressure on prices elsewhere. Dollar strength when they are widening the fiscal deficit is counter-intuitive

Last edited:
Associate
Just moved some money out of crypto. You still confident with Palantir?

A quick read up and the Defence stuff sounds very interesting - we are all moving more towards Cyber warfare (US/UK especially) so this type of technology is at the forefront. Any articles etc i should check out?

With PLTR, I think it's one of those stocks that's probably a great buy, but because WSB is involved with it, it's hard to know whether it's overinflated or not. A lot of the forums are people shilling it, but they clearly have vested interested. A lot of the 'pro' views on it are 'WSB is bad, PLTR is linked to them'.

Associate
With PLTR, I think it's one of those stocks that's probably a great buy, but because WSB is involved with it, it's hard to know whether it's overinflated or not. A lot of the forums are people shilling it, but they clearly have vested interested. A lot of the 'pro' views on it are 'WSB is bad, PLTR is linked to them'.

It's a data company that will help organisations become more efficient, they have spent the last however many years perfecting that at the government's expense.

I sold my PLTR for for Microstrategy in Jan but I have rebought in on this dip.

Soldato
It's a data company that will help organisations become more efficient, they have spent the last however many years perfecting that at the government's expense.

I sold my PLTR for for Microstrategy in Jan but I have rebought in on this dip.

What did you call the 'dip'. Is it still a good price now?

sid

sid

Soldato
Can anyone suggest good free tools to manage and analyze my portfolio? Doesn't even have to be free if it's good and paid for.

Currently use yahoo finance.

Sid

Soldato
I've sextupled my pltr position today, yolo >_<

Associate
There's no 2FA login currently on Vanguard UK but it's available in the US. Hopefully it will make its way over to the UK site soon. The current second security barrier is that you can only withdraw to your nominated bank account. If you change your bank account details then you'll receive a verification code by text message. So technically there is 2FA on withdrawals but text messages are not the most secure method of 2FA as I'm sure you're aware.

Soldato
There's no 2FA login currently on Vanguard UK but it's available in the US. Hopefully it will make its way over to the UK site soon. The current second security barrier is that you can only withdraw to your nominated bank account. If you change your bank account details then you'll receive a verification code by text message. So technically there is 2FA on withdrawals but text messages are not the most secure method of 2FA as I'm sure you're aware.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom