Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Wonder how well those man utd shares are doing after going 2-0 down inside 13 mins. Should be a fun Monday morning when the dump happens.

Edit: I might buy some in the fire sale. Could be an easy money maker. I have a target though they need to fall below because far too risky with that squad of players and wage bill.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh it's probably just PsychoSonny who despite occasionally giving useful information, is utterly incapable of communicating anything without coming across as a massive bell and sidetracking any useful discourse.

What a superb summary.

Wonder how well those man utd shares are doing after going 2-0 down inside 13 mins. Should be a fun Monday morning when the dump happens.

Edit: I might buy some in the fire sale. Could be an easy money maker. I have a target though they need to fall below because far too risky with that squad of players and wage bill.

To be fair, i think the guy did say they weren't bought with any serious investment games in mind, more out of curiosity. They're unlikely to drop more than 10% from where they are now and do have some upside potential (especially if Ole goes). 10% on a £100 purchase is a bit of fun. Same as sticking an accumulator on a game you don't care about, just makes things a little more interesting even if it's unlikely to come in.

Soldato
I guess he's having a go at my dabble on United judging by that reply :p

A recent drop in price is something that catches my eye. Utd had dropped 15%, off the back of the Glazers selling some stock...which seems something of an over-reaction. Ole is going to get sacked soon and replaced by someone decent.

The team/company is underperforming, the price is low. The chances of a very rapid turnaround are quite high.

Of course, if you're a bit dense, you might just say 'ermagerd Ole at the wheel LOL' and not actually use your brain and think about what is likely to happen in future.

Ultimately, as I said originally, it's just a bit of a punt, makes trading a bit more interesting, and nothing else is particularly catching my eye right now.

Caporegime
It's amazing how someone can guess one thing, get it right, and then put themselves on the same level as someone who has been doing this for decades and can probably tell you all about chart & trend analysis in their sleep :D

I rode race bike once, so I am a top level athlete.

Caporegime
Yes because football clubs historically are great at making money. I believe that's a direct quote from Warren himself.

If you are taking punts on that crap then IMO why not just go to a bookies and get better odds by betting on them directly? If you want a punt I would say buy thungela. It's up 225% in the past 6 months and has seen a correction lately so priced very good for the next leg up. It's a volatile stock but that is a proper punt. If you are just having fun with the stock market and putting £100 into random stuff for the lols then I'd say that is better done in crypto than in stocks. At least you have potential to make thousands on meme coins like shib and floki just need to sniff the next one out which could be "tiger king" coin. 1% goes to the man himself to help with legal costs

Soldato
We really do need a separate thread for ETFs/boglehead investing. Or even better, a finance sub forum with many topics in it.

It has been mentioned a few times....it would be useful imo to have one thread for people to browse for long term/retirement investing, and one for stock trading.

Caporegime
tbh this thread used to be more about stocks to watch rather than people digging at other people and their choices....

It was originally about trading, quite active trading rather than a few speculative buys to hold for a bit too.

If you look back at post #4 the OP mentioned the minimum amount required - that's under US pattern day trading rules and is only applicable to retail clients trading US stocks intraday. No restrictions on buying a stock and selling it >24 hours later.

Soldato
Ecologi are planning a crowdfund soon, few details yet but presume it'll be EIS-backed etc as it's being done via Crowdcube: https://ecologi.com/crowdfund

Subscribers get early access, and based on their growth and consumer base I would be shocked if the crowdfund makes it to the public domain. And if you're not a subscriber already, you should be anyway regardless of wanting to invest or not.

Soldato
Hadn't been watching it for a while, quite the bull run recently! Does make me think a general market pullback is coming seeing gains like that though. I'm half cash again atm seeing how things go as we head into winter.

Soldato
Hadn't been watching it for a while, quite the bull run recently! Does make me think a general market pullback is coming seeing gains like that though. I'm half cash again atm seeing how things go as we head into winter.

Most of it is recent. Their quarter results were better than expected (even by their standards and the ongoing chip shortage etc), but today's is the news of Hertz putting in an order for 100,000 cars worth $4.2bn (from memory).

Soldato
Most of it is recent. Their quarter results were better than expected (even by their standards and the ongoing chip shortage etc), but today's is the news of Hertz putting in an order for 100,000 cars worth $4.2bn (from memory).

Yeah they sold more cars than expected. Had the best selling car model of all manufacturers in Europe last month, and then this recent order.

The German factory has hit a snag though, once that is up and running it should reduce the need to ship cars over from the US.

Psycho Sonny was using Burry's decision to short TSLA as a sign of impending doom just a couple of weeks ago. It was documented that Burry got out of his position though. Must have been haemorrhaging cash.

Soldato
Yep, that Hertz order really pushed the highs. Glad I've stuck with it for the long term, and won't be moving my position much at all, until other incumbent manufacturers show either a.) how creative they can be, or b.) fall flat on their faces and go bust.
Still holding some but I took profit along the way just in case. Tbh I think there's somereally good competition out there now but Tesla with the Elon connection have a superb brand and still ahead in a few key areas. Some won't even look at other EV's. If I was in the market for an Mod 3 or Mod X I'd at minimum want to test an i4 and iX as well as some others, especially the Polstar, I think there are better overall packages out there now. Will be interesting to see what Toyota can do too, given their deep pockets and experience of hybrids.
As an investment, it's done really well. Difficult to bet against Tesla, the company seems to be doing exactly what it needs to.

Back
Top Bottom