Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Yeah, this new variant and the possibility of another lockdown is kicking a lot of people in the balls..

I'm red on everything bar, Broadcom, Intel, SL Green, Thingella, Kistos and RR, not that it matters as the reds are deep enough for my whole portfolio to be down just under 15%, given I was up over 25% earlier in the year its not a good sign lol

Soldato
Shot up again today. I'm actually up 23% now. So i will tip my hat to Psycho. I can't actually tag him so is it true that he's completely gone? I feel like this deserves more attention than it's got!
Na him and I get suspended all the time. Usually just a few days.

You cashing out or holding on till the dividend?

Soldato
Probably hold, i imagine coal prices will stay pretty high for a while and i'm not seeing anything else i'd rather get into.

I was trying to find some wine ETF's but seemed to be struggling beyond just going with some of the big companies (Diageo etc). Most seem to be held by private investment houses, with minimum investments well beyond what i'd be tempted with.

Soldato
Page 999 of 999

Bullish

400 is possible resistance on TGA. I didnt buy enough in the 300 area despite saying it was a buy prior. I'll hope for the ideal of a sell here and buy on a pullback to 340

Thats a good low on RR if it can hold this across weeks, I should be adding some.

Good buying opportunity for tech stocks if you ask me. If Omicron is bad news, they'll continue to rake it in. If it isn't, the markets will rebound.
This variant hasnt appeared negative enough to me for it to represent a reason to sell. There might be other reasons but its more a gift in lower prices for anyone long term, not a reason to buy dollars.

so I took my fun tokens back out.
Those are a buy, different thread

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Any fellow Daimler AG holders ?

Mercedes-Benz has completed its spin-off, resulting in the distribution of Daimler Truck Holding AG shares with the ratio of 1 Daimler Truck Holding AG per every 2 Mercedes-Benz share/s held at the end of 09 Dec. 2021

Soldato
Pulled half my trading portfolio back into cash this morning. Think this Omicron variant is going to be a big drag over the next few weeks....hopefully some buying opportunities coming up.

Associate
I feel like the major market reaction to Omicron has already happened at the end of November. Much of the news coming out now around vaccine protection seems to be fairly positive. That's not to say there could be some more bad news around the corner, or eventually another variant.

I actually sold a large part of my holdings in mid-November because I was worried about a potential bubble bursting in the EV sector following the Lucid IPO. I though this could have a domino effect on retail investor sentiment throughout the whole tech stock market which has been on a crazy rally. That hasn't happened yet but because of Omicron I was able to rebuy into my positions at quite a discount at the start of this month so I went for it. Predicting the market is mostly down to luck. 9 times out of 10 you will be better off keeping your money invested. Time in the market beats timing the market and all that...

Soldato
I feel like the major market reaction to Omicron has already happened at the end of November. Much of the news coming out now around vaccine protection seems to be fairly positive. That's not to say there could be some more bad news around the corner, or eventually another variant.

I actually sold a large part of my holdings in mid-November because I was worried about a potential bubble bursting in the EV sector following the Lucid IPO. I though this could have a domino effect on retail investor sentiment throughout the whole tech stock market which has been on a crazy rally. That hasn't happened yet but because of Omicron I was able to rebuy into my positions at quite a discount at the start of this month so I went for it. Predicting the market is mostly down to luck. 9 times out of 10 you will be better off keeping your money invested. Time in the market beats timing the market and all that...

Luck it may be, but I'm happy with my track record timing the market this year, I've done significantly better than just leaving it alone. I've been in and out quite a bit during the market moves.

I don't think we get through winter without some lockdown measures re-introduced personally, I think we'll have more downside before a recovery in the new year.

Caporegime
What ruling?
I'm out with work at the mo so a bit off grid.

They have to pay 700mln gbp to a Canadian cinema brand for pulling out of a take over!

Considering that's higher than thier mkt cap and there is significant issues already for cine out could be devestating

Back
Top Bottom