Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I got a beating tbh putting a home bias on my holdings finally backfired and also the usa was deep in the red still at our market close ,that massive comeback should be reflected this morning(on my worlwide etf) and the ftse should be opening almost 1 percent up
No dealing yesterday
edit
1 percent up opening ftse 1.3 up on etf see how long it lasts

Last edited:
Soldato
In January I sold out of the market completely and bought into a 100% equity S&P 100 fund. Needless to say I'm down ... a lot. Been plowing every penny I have recently into the same fund.

Soldato
This is big, large part of the FTSE no matter who you are what you hold. I did reduce my position, think I read BP made nearly 30bn from their stake in this part of their world they done well and its been a knife edge balanced risk for many years just all these recent years have been off the scale in extreme risk

https://email-st.seekingalpha.com/c...YWlsXzI5MDA/60c1df8333909b2823a61ff6Beb498302

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bp-exit-20-shareholding-russian-171242464.html

price will react at 8am possibly too much and might adjust more accurately at 14:30 with nyc.

Soldato
Anyone buying Russian stuff ready for when the war stops and sanctions end?

Out of principle, absolutely not. I'd be happy looking at global commodities or non-Russian based entities that have been negatively affected by the conflict, but I think anyone should take a hard look at themselves if they're investing directly in Russian businesses.

Soldato
Out of principle, absolutely not. I'd be happy looking at global commodities or non-Russian based entities that have been negatively affected by the conflict, but I think anyone should take a hard look at themselves if they're investing directly in Russian businesses.

Oh I agree, same as I wont buy anything banking-related after the cluster they created back in the day, as you say the best idea is probably stuff affected by the conflict but not actually Russian stuff..

Soldato
Problem its a global economy, both Russia and China have a hand in all sorts of companies you wouldnt expect. The UK should aim not to import energy in any case.
The sanctions hopefully help instigate some change and apprehension to further negative moves against the free world but there is no absolute way to do it. AAL have done well I think because they own assets outside of Russia that will do better with that now restricted supply.
I remember ages ago reading death squads going after the BP head, end of an era they fought long over. Putin will remain their for decades possibly, when he took over from Yeltsin (who promoted him) he immediately ignored and froze him out of policy and so his view to end any term of power will expect the same and he wont go easily I guess. I thought too of China having some kind revolution but its not especially likely

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chesapeake-energy-corporation-reports-fourth-210100602.html
Chesapeake doing very well, seems far too cheap relative to prospective earnings but it has a lot of fear from its former troubles. Slightly below estimates in its earnings but good forecast, its about 8x earnings. Its rated by hedge funds apparently, I will probably reduce take some profits to hold some longer term.
Good break up anyway on the chart. Big day for oil
https://youtu.be/izJtkpTJ4nU?t=660 Shel RU

Last edited:
Soldato
i don’t think you would be locked up if you hold out for the takeover to go through and end up holding TakeTwo shares. It’s quite a different situation to when Zynga acquired your former employer which was a private company, at which point the lock up would have been to incentivise employees (some of whom probably made a lot of money) to continue working there. So don’t let that influence your decision. You can sell the shares the day after you get them.

Really in your mind you need to weigh up the likelihood of three scenarios. Firstly the takeover falls through and the Zynga share price drops back to where it was. Secondly it goes through as currently planned. And thirdly, someone else comes over the top with a higher offer (note that there is a go shop period ending next week so you might at least want to wait until the end of this). If you weigh these up and get a price above today’s you should hold. If not, sell.

an Update

I ended up selling up on Friday as it spiked up to $9.11 (+4%) and with the way the world is going I thought it was the best time to cash out. Still, E*trade is a little confusing I had the following statuses :

Sell order Executed
Sell order Settled
Wire Transfer in progress
Wire transfer complete (which had one figure)
and then
Outgoing wire reference number (which quoted a different amount of about 2.3% less than transfer complete)

Still nothing in the bank account though (used the same settings as a previous trade)

Back
Top Bottom