Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Anyone buying Russian stuff ready for when the war stops and sanctions end?
most that stuff could end up being fully nationalised without compensation or whatever.

I wouldn't put much in it, half of them might just declare bankrupt and reopen under another name.

I was looking at the russia ETFs but I guess they are just as risky of having liquidation issues and none of them seem to have fully tanked

Soldato
Out of principle, absolutely not. I'd be happy looking at global commodities or non-Russian based entities that have been negatively affected by the conflict, but I think anyone should take a hard look at themselves if they're investing directly in Russian businesses.

Was thinkin to buy evraz.

If i do, this is not investing in russian businesses, this is simply buying shares from people who are panicking to sell.

The investment is the IPO, after that, its simply who holds the ownership of those shares.

Soldato
Was thinkin to buy evraz.

If i do, this is not investing in russian businesses, this is simply buying shares from people who are panicking to sell.

The investment is the IPO, after that, its simply who holds the ownership of those shares.

Sorry, but trying to spin buying company stocks as 'not investing' :rolleyes:
Be honest and just say you don't care, jeez.

Still sitting out here, prices are still lower than when I exited last week....i'm happy not being exposed right now in case something truly daft happens.

Soldato
Did anyone dip into Rolls Royce yesterday? Managed to buy a good chunk of shares down at 88p. Felt like an absolute bargain.

I know they will face some challenges on their supply chain due to what's going on but I think it'll recover pretty well at a steady rate.

Soldato
Did anyone dip into Rolls Royce yesterday? Managed to buy a good chunk of shares down at 88p. Felt like an absolute bargain.

I know they will face some challenges on their supply chain due to what's going on but I think it'll recover pretty well at a steady rate.

I've been in RR for a while now, its not looking good right now but will continue to buy them on my monthly.

Anyone still into Thungela?
My low buy on them was 431 which is sitting quite well at the minute..

Soldato
I've been in RR for a while now, its not looking good right now but will continue to buy them on my monthly.

Anyone still into Thungela?
My low buy on them was 431 which is sitting quite well at the minute..

No but I still cannot believe how much it is surging daily. I was going to buy way back when it dropped to 290. Huge FoMo now!

Soldato

SMRs and Electrical totally unvalued IMO.

Soldato

I have a friend who brought in for a quick 10% win - nice £1K in his pocket. I haven't got that type of cash (or balls I must add :D)

Soldato
I've tried to say this before but UK should be exporting energy not importing it, we arent even trying to do that. Most recent measure I saw was to ban/close a welsh open pit coal mine and opt to import coal from kazackstan instead, a country that shoots its own people.
We have giant debt, we have to get that attitude its really a lapse in security to not be able to provide for yourself. We're seeing Russia bomb a country for being democratic and at the same time we pay them money to carry on that campaign because we are so desperate for oil and gas we pay Russia a billion every day (europe) thats a real screwup collectively by all those governments. Energy security was a known factor decades ago, discussing stocks doesnt matter really you are risking capital and you might lose it or not see it back for decades thats your look out but UK being able to balance its trade properly does count especially on this energy question. It would be quite similar considering a lot of middle eastern oil imports, they have diabolical treatment of people in many cases.

USA has enough natural gas to supply every energy need it has. Any oil they have could be exported, instead they use it all and I think import. They can supply europe though it requires compression, its harder to do. They also should do more to balance their trade, they arent concerned in the end it will lead to inflation and a lot of failure & weakness which promotes terrible regimes in contrast

Last edited:
Soldato
I've tried to say this before but UK should be exporting energy not importing it, we arent even trying. We have giant debt, we have to get that attitude its really a lapse in security to not be able to provide for yourself. We're seeing Russia bomb a country for being democratic and at the same time we pay them money to carry on that campaign because we are so desperate for oil and gas we pay Russia a billion every day (europe) thats a real screwup collectively by all those governments. Energy security was a known factor decades ago, discussing stocks doesnt matter really you are risking capital and you might lose it or not see it back for decades thats your look out but UK being able to balance its trade properly does count especially on this energy question. It would be quite similar considering a lot of middle eastern oil imports, they have diabolical treatment of people in many cases
Energy is a global market, it's irrelevant to you and I if we make more of it.

Soldato
Quite the sell off today. I'd bought back in this morning, naturally :D Still, well below where I last cashed out.
Yeah, bit of a blood bath. I got out of most of my individual share positions a couple of weeks ago so haven't taken too much damage so far but I won't be buying back in until this Ukraine thing has stabilised. Very unpredictable,

Soldato
Yeah, bit of a blood bath. I got out of most of my individual share positions a couple of weeks ago so haven't taken too much damage so far but I won't be buying back in until this Ukraine thing has stabilised. Very unpredictable,

I'm just riding the volatility, when it swings my way I cash out and bank a few hundred quid....wait til the next drop.

Way I see it, it's a good entry point for a long term hold even if in the short term swing doesn't come my way.....although I expect any news of peace talks to send markets rocketing.

Back
Top Bottom