Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
The 3x short TSLA I bought is taking the edge off! I'll hang on to this while consolidating positions in a few other companies over the next few months.

I just thought of you when I saw today's open.
Getting increasingly gloomy out there.

I actually expected a bounce up from tesla.

Snap being brought back down to earth!

Associate
Appreciate this isnt strictly a S&S question but looking to open a JISA for my kid (and possibly a Junior SIPP) which myself and my in-laws can pay into regularly and then simply invest in a fund then leave it to compound away.

I currently have a Vanguard ISA but Fidelity looks like a better option due to zero fees? I cant quite figure out how the in-laws would set up a regular deposit, I would have a direct debit set up but it looks like they only have the option of paying by debit card? Feels like a bit of a hassle to do that monthly. Anyone know if there are other options?

/Salsa

Soldato

Done very very well out of First Group since buying in about 18 months ago (got in around 45.4p).... Up 183% since then. Will await and see what happens regards this latest offer and potentially take some profits off the table.

SMT continues to take a battering but I'm still going to hold and potentially add some more shortly as I believe in the long term hold.

Soldato
3x leverage is not meant to be held overnight, it will be leaking value due to the cost of that borrowed money. Its more precise timing then anything normally held. Of course I dont mean absolutely, if TSLA goes straight down... I dont know

UK outperformance is nice considering we been in the shadow of USA for donkeys years.

The FED is never going to beat inflation, to raise interest rates above the decline in currency values wont happen. ECB BOJ BOE all similar

If DXY the Dollar index can decline from here it can be that the market turns around. We had Dollar at 20 year highs, now DXY back to a peak seen at the first pandemic reaction selloff; to not hold this point would inversely imply markets with greater positive bias

Can I get NVDA $135 from the graph this seems a reasonable target, does anyone look at this one regularly
Thats only going back to late 2020 (52wk low if 135 did register now), not too harsh and a nice place to enter so long as its genuine prospect long term.

Caporegime
The 3x short TSLA I bought is taking the edge off! I'll hang on to this while consolidating positions in a few other companies over the next few months.
After your short on tesla. I put a +3x on.
I wasn't brave enough to put much on. Only 400. As I'm new to this area.

It's doing OK at the moment. And I've added a stop loss to protect my gains.

Soldato
After your short on tesla. I put a +3x on.
I wasn't brave enough to put much on. Only 400. As I'm new to this area.

It's doing OK at the moment. And I've added a stop loss to protect my gains.
I'm down on that TSLA short at the moment....but nicely up on everything else, which was kinda the point. TSLA seems to be taking more a kicking on the downsides, and less on the upswings, compared the likes of AMD and Intel that I'm holding. The +3x on RR I bought is doing nice too.

Just banked my gains on AMD actually. Back on the watchlist for the next bad news buy!

Caporegime
I'm down on that TSLA short at the moment....but nicely up on everything else, which was kinda the point. TSLA seems to be taking more a kicking on the downsides, and less on the upswings, compared the likes of AMD and Intel that I'm holding. The +3x on RR I bought is doing nice too.

Just banked my gains on AMD actually. Back on the watchlist for the next bad news buy!

I've not really attempted this type of trading before. Usually as I find it difficult to exit. I'm usually fairly good on entry. But can't seem to figure out a good exit strategy. That I actually commit to

My tesla 3x is up 17pc today (bought this morning) and I should probably take that. But as the initial outlay was quite small. It almost doesn't seem worth it.

Soldato
I've not really attempted this type of trading before. Usually as I find it difficult to exit. I'm usually fairly good on entry. But can't seem to figure out a good exit strategy. That I actually commit to

My tesla 3x is up 17pc today (bought this morning) and I should probably take that. But as the initial outlay was quite small. It almost doesn't seem worth it.
In this environment where the economic outlook is grim, and the markets are yo-yoing....I'm happy to bank a 10% gain in a week. Experimenting trying to get a little more out of the downswings with the short on TSLA (as I also think it's still way overpriced and the CEO is a liability).

I'm still chucking money into my SIPP to buy and forget about. My trading fund I'm happy to beat inflation on considering I expect the markets to be down or flat over the course of this year.

Soldato
yep i gained about 2k on paper ,thing is after so many losing weeks its well deserved ,mentally i am getting better at taking a battering some weeks ,well most weeks lately because its true, the market always goes up its just the time scale that is uncertain (i have maybe 4000 stocks in my etfs)

Back
Top Bottom