Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Buy BT - yay or nay?

Not sure.

Was emailed about them earlier with a buy of 303 and target 360, but the things that concern me are the £8bn pension deficit, the italian corruption and the fact that they are being reviewed for Openreach, they may be forced to split the business.

The overall trend has been downward for a while and since I like long term divs I am not so sure, will have to think it over.

Soldato
Its generally oversold and its a utility which I think is out of favour with so many market highs.

However it doesnt fit the idea of only buying quality, never liked BT but the price reflects apprehension. I imagine it goes up long term, time to sell was about a year ago I at least realised that :o

Their pension worries was what made them very cheap a while ago. 320 and 220 are more significant prices in volume

Any thoughts on Beowulf ? +100% YTD
I could sell with a healthy profit, Ive already projected this is a decent area to consider but the potential is there for a bigger gain. Iron overall has gained a lot and I hold interests elsewhere too, this one is far more speculative though drill results are very good afaik. Iam a big wuss, I'll probably sell soon (and I should have been buying more on this lead up)

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...d-why-beowulfs-shares-have-jumped-172177.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone suggest the easiest way to transfer a share certificate into my existing hsbc investdirect account (or other that i can sign upto)?

I recently bought some options and they came in form of a certificate registered with Equiniti, hsbc want me to fill in a form (there website sends you round in circles on this and not really sure i have the correct form or even how to fill it correctly!) and send both off and wait upto 6 weeks for them to finalise.

Just wondering if anyone knows a better way to offload these quicker? Our SP is quite volatile so i'd rather have them in a digital form sooner than later!
cheers :)

Caporegime
I think you may be out of luck if you've just got them in the form of a physical certificate as opposed to a nominee account/crest. Do you have to use HSBC - perhaps check other brokers and see if they can deal with the admin side a bit quicker than 6 weeks! Hopefully someone else who has had to deal with paper certificates can suggest some - otherwise check T&Cs at the usual suspects...

Is there no method for you to have them put into a nominee account by your company in the first place?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My wife has this with her company, it's usually done a lot quicker than the 6 weeks they state to get it into the account.

Or you can sell with the certificate, some trading companies charge a fair bit for it.

Associate
Any thoughts on Beowulf ? +100% YTD
I could sell with a healthy profit, Ive already projected this is a decent area to consider but the potential is there for a bigger gain. Iron overall has gained a lot and I hold interests elsewhere too, this one is far more speculative though drill results are very good afaik. Iam a big wuss, I'll probably sell soon (and I should have been buying more on this lead up)

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...d-why-beowulfs-shares-have-jumped-172177.html

Did you stay in BEM in the end? I got into them in October at 5.67, sold on Monday's crash at 8.10, slightly annoyed by the entire situation.

I did well in January from KOD, got in at 0.20 and out at 0.45, and I'm currently in URU at 1.61 and PREM at 0.325. I'm in SXX at 0.23 as well, should be a lower risk but steady riser once it starts moving.

Man of Honour
Up 33% on RBS which I bought just after the Brexit vote. Just pulling out the profit and leaving the original amount in to grow again.

Soldato
That sounds smart but I thought RBS had bad news mostly, good timing to buy though. [240 and 285 higher volume] I got some Lloyds around then and its been very strong. I would like an overall sell off so more could be got, the government selling down their stake is an ideal weakness in the shares but not in the company (Afaik) [55 and 75 high vol natural boundaries? ]
I dont like they bought MBNA but Im sure its a cash cow for them while times are good

Did you stay in BEM in the end? I got into them in October at 5.67, sold on Monday's crash at 8.10, slightly annoyed by the entire situation.

I sold about half, I forgot I had an order worked out so I didnt go back on that and left it to trim some. Then its fallen but this is par for the course. It such a volatile share and it'll be donkeys years before they do anything :confused: I kept some because I imagine they can reach 30 on a proper peak but they've got more permit worries.
Often these small stocks fund themselves with share issues which ruins the build in momentum on a price and makes it hard to guess how it'll do in future.
My last thought was that the return back to the teens right after suspension and possible permit loss so fast shows a lot of faith in this company by buyers. The Iron price rose a lot, that might be the main thing really. Margin expansion is explosive to a share price even unworked ground apparently.
They got results from Finland not the Swedish permit problem, so having that positive to counter the negative might just be why. Their graphite result indicated high /unique quality I think.

I place it next to GPX which is in a war zone. SXX is simple in comparison ? hopefully, I took up rights around 20p so yea not looking strong now (looks awful since the peak and may need to bottom out some) but I hope its nearer to profit then the other wild prospects though sxx debt is expensive ? I'd place sxx like CEY, long term should be great if their market - potash is in demand and last I read its a good product

FOREX - I keep forgetting to post this, more information then you actually ever wanted https://www.youtube.com/user/DailyFXNews/videos
I just watch kicklighter occasionally.

Forex > Bonds > shares in terms of influence I think. We are going to see nasty forex action some year

xdfQb2m.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
coolsurfer;30485254 said:
What do y'all think of Tesla?

awesome, but the shares already value it at over 3 billion, which they aren't even making a fraction of that, no dividends. So not for me. Especially at the current cost per share, I'm sure they will continue to rise, but cant see the massive increases that people saw early on

Soldato
Seems risky, somebody on here I think said they got some a while ago. I hear it mentioned lots recently as a smart trade. I wouldnt want to keep it, however strong it is now.
43bn dollars and GM is 52bn with great sales figures from China recently and a PE of 6 ?

BP should benefit from Russia doing better ? Wish I sold that at over 500 like I usually do :o

Highest price in Iron since Oct 2014 - https://twitter.com/IronOreIndex
watch for BEM and many others, adding Blackrock world mining as its 10% discount to market afaik

Soldato
easyrider;30495093 said:
You know on referral linked removed what does shot mean...

I made 25k on the demo version

Tempted to do it for real...

I believe those trade platforms are not all they seem.

On an actual trade they'll delay the order so they can hedge their position. The demo ver everything goes through instantly to make it appear easy.

Back
Top Bottom