Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
for buying and selling, they pay a small fee to execute and clear a transaction on your behalf then charge you for that service and in the process make a profit

You've not really provided any details - if you don't think they're doing anything then why not close your account?

Do you have the physical share certificates in your possession for example?

Late reply, I know. I haven't got an account with anyone yet just trying to open account with someone but looking at fees etc first.

Thats what my point is. If I own x shares in a company, don't I own them and they have no input or management with them? Or do I have to get a physical certificate saying that first.

Out of curiosity, could anyone explain what this means for a Stocks and Shares ISA?

"How much would I like to subscribe"?? and How Often and When would I like them taken?

What is it talking about? Subscribe to what. Is it asking me what I intend to deposit or what? If so... by selecting "One off payment" shouldn't the 'date' option be blanked out?

Just checking and making sure I am not filling in the wrong thing here.

Soldato
The only limitation you should have on your Stocks and Shares ISA is your allowable yearly deposit which is just over £15k per tax year at present.

When and how you deposit this should be up to you, on my account it shows a balance and I can deposit all in one go, monthly or not at all if I wish.

Soldato
The only limitation you should have on your Stocks and Shares ISA is your allowable yearly deposit which is just over £15k per tax year at present.

When and how you deposit this should be up to you, on my account it shows a balance and I can deposit all in one go, monthly or not at all if I wish.

Thanks, I thought that would be the case. However it is asking (tried to put a pic up but Imgur not loading) 'subscription' how often and then dates to take out subscription? So was a bit confused.

Associate
Grab Snowmans platform comparision spreadsheet - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5583030 or look at this http://monevator.com/compare-uk-cheapest-online-brokers/

Choose the platform and then invest in either Vanguard LifeStrategy or Target Retirement fund - https://www.vanguard.co.uk/uk/portal/investments/all-products?assetType=BALANCED

That looks like a very good idea. An Nightmare trying to work out the platform though.
From those links, I can't really see a platform that just charges a percentage each year, instead of having a percentage & a yearly charge. Only option appear to be iweb?
Am new to this

ahh I see the Monevator link has an easier to read section. Would a regular stocks and shares Isa be able to invest in the vanguard fund, or do you need a specific broker?

EDIT: Looking at the vanguard link, it says minimum of 100k needed for the fund :( Maybe a tenth of that would be ok

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
That looks like a very good idea. An Nightmare trying to work out the platform though.
From those links, I can't really see a platform that just charges a percentage each year, instead of having a percentage & a yearly charge. Only option appear to be iweb?
Am new to this

ahh I see the Monevator link has an easier to read section. Would a regular stocks and shares Isa be able to invest in the vanguard fund, or do you need a specific broker?

EDIT: Looking at the vanguard link, it says minimum of 100k needed for the fund :( Maybe a tenth of that would be ok

Snowman's spreadsheet has comments on the cells if you view it in Excel which detail how the custody charge is broken down.

Minimum investment depends on the partform you are with.

For example TD Direct is a minimum of £100 for one off, or £25 if you regularly invest monthly in funds.

Fidelity on the other hand is £100 one off, or £50 regular investment in funds... though I actually found that I could invest as little as £5 when amending their monthly investment. Not sure if you can still do that though as I've moved my ISA to TD Direct.

Associate
Thanks for info, will have a look in Excel. Have just invested in a couple of the eToro Stock funds as they seem like a good idea.

Snowman's spreadsheet has comments on the cells if you view it in Excel which detail how the custody charge is broken down.
Minimum investment depends on the partform you are with.
For example TD Direct is a minimum of £100 for one off, or £25 if you regularly invest monthly in funds.
Fidelity on the other hand is £100 one off, or £50 regular investment in funds... though I actually found that I could invest as little as £5 when amending their monthly investment. Not sure if you can still do that though as I've moved my ISA to TD Direct.

That's insitution fund money - it's the same basic fund via any platform but obviously the platform will have millions in that fund so the 100k is irrelevant. You invest what you want.
http://citywire.co.uk/money/warren-buffett-vanguard-founder-is-my-hero/a995795
If it's good enough for Buffet - it's good enough for me and my clients!

Soldato
Soldato
This is my best, not quite a 10x but cant complain!

Oh its not mine.......Its just I've known about it since 2012 and I STILL haven't bought any shares.......Yes I've kicked myself LOTS and LOTS and LOTS. I still am. But all my money is tied up on other projects..

Soldato
Oh its not mine.......Its just I've known about it since 2012 and I STILL haven't bought any shares.......Yes I've kicked myself LOTS and LOTS and LOTS. I still am. But all my money is tied up on other projects..

should i? shouldnt i? the hardest bit, and never really knowing what is round the corner! :D Thomas Cook was the one that got away from me.

Caporegime
Snapchat is losing 500m a year. Valued at 33bn.
high school invested 15k and now owns millions in stock :o Primary reasoning was students liked it - wow

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/02/technology/snapchat-ipo-high-school/index.html

unjustified surely ?

My view.. Same as twitter. If I was anyone with a significant investment I'd sell about now. I can't personally see it going much higher. It's a one trick pony. And threat from Facebook is high

I'd say the peak has now passed. I thought it would be on day one, not today!

I very much doubt it's worth anyone buying them out. Look at twitter. It's this low and still not been bought. Too difficult to monetise

Caporegime
What do you actually want to learn to do? (If you're finding people selling courses etc.. then they're generally scams).

You're better off buying books covering the area you're interested in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exxon to take over BP ? Its very much USA already afaik, world supplier to the military. Didnt think of it as a bargain but maybe it fits for them
https://cfds.education/2017/03/10/f...nalysis-fundamentalanalysis-trader-daytrader/

I know people holding since that big accident and their failure there though it was a big deal, it damaged its long term value disproportionately. Maybe a rebrand is inevitable to realise its correct value. I've been saying sell any time its over 500 and buy under when bullish

Bt settles long term deals
http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/396724/bt-hits-six-week-high-after-openreach-deal
BT awaiting the outcome of Ofcom's Wholesale Local Access review that will determine whether there should be regulated pricing for fibre.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good stuff for BT. A price

BP seems interesting. I have all my oil share money in Pfc.

Been watching some of the hyped III hyped aim shares I considered buying after my decision to avoid AIM. Looks like it was a good decision.

Back
Top Bottom