Trans Atlantic fares

Permabanned
OP
That helps a fair bit

Screen_Shot_2013_07_06_at_15_39_20.png

However considering it would involve 4 flights on the way out and a lost day on holiday it's a little ridiculous. On the other hand could just go with hand luggage to Ireland the night before then land in heathrow, go home and pick up holiday stuff and come back*...

It still doesn't explain what is going on for UK flights on the 1st April. APD is going up by a couple of £, certainly not the £300 the flights are going up on the 1st April. Is this happening elsewhere as well?

*Not sure that would actually work but shows how silly all this stuff is!

EDIT:

For comparison, exactly the same flight from London...

Screen_Shot_2013_07_06_at_15_36_59.png

For 200 quid I wouldnt do it... Because you will pay for flights into Ireland + baggage costs...

I mean if you have a party of 4+ people then there are some savings to be made, but if you are on your own... doesnt sound so appealing you would be saving around 120 quid at best.

Caporegime
For 200 quid I wouldnt do it... Because you will pay for flights into Ireland + baggage costs...

I mean if you have a party of 4+ people then there are some savings to be made, but if you are on your own... doesnt sound so appealing you would be saving around 120 quid at best.

That's my thinking, add that to a days lost holiday and it's a lot. The point is though the increase seems to be a wholesale increase on price to oz on the first of April... Hopefully the prices will tumble in a month or two back to what the are for the next 9 months.

Oh and Dublin to Dublin is £700 as the flights, that's actually £400 cheaper than London to London... I'll have a look see if it's cheaper from other European destinations as well.

Soldato
The school Easter holidays start around the first half of April and the 21st April next year is a bank holiday. I would expect both of these factors to have an affect on prices.

Caporegime
The school Easter holidays start around the first half of April and the 21st April next year is a bank holiday. I would expect both of these factors to have an affect on prices.

The prices continue off into may and June (currently the latest available fares) so I don't think that's th reason, I had looked into that. That should also affect the Irish fares as well.

Back
Top Bottom