1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer copy of office from HDD to SSD without original dics

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by G-Dubs, 2 Dec 2012.

1. G-Dubs

Wise Guy

I've got a legit copy of office on my HDD but having built a new PC with an SSD I want to transfer my copy of office to it.

Problem is the dics disapperaed in a house move a little while back

Is there any way to do this?

2. PhillyDee

Capodecina

Find a version of office with the disks? Someone you know might have the discs if you can remember the version. I think magic jellybean will get you the install code.

3. G-Dubs

Wise Guy

Cheers

I've managed to find the KEY code, but still no discs. is it possible to download a version then use the code I have?

4. PhillyDee

Capodecina

Don't know anywhere personally, but you are part of the way there. Maybe put a wnated in the MM, best asking a don if its allowed.

5. UnworthyBean

Wise Guy

Office 2010? Download a trial and use your key.

Job done :)

6. Nanobot

Hitman

I found these links recently. I'm sure if they weren't worthy they would have been removed by now...

7. Saundie

Mobster

For Office 2010, you can download a backup here; http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx
    For Office 2007, you can download a backup here; http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup2007/en-us/default.mspx

Both websites will give you the correct edition to download based on the key you provide. If it's Office 2003, I could upload a copy of the ISO for you - I don't see why the dons would have a problem with it, seeing as the license is tied to the product key, and not the media...