1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender lunacy . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stockhausen, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

That isn't the way science sees it, otherwise why is it "gender re-assignment" surgery? :p

2. Moley

Mobster

Actually the way I read it, it infers that Gender is a natural development from Biological Sex - as many people have pointed out the two are not disconnected as the Trans Lobby would have people believe.

On the one hand it gives a little to the transgender lobby by labeling it a sociological concept but it also clearly labels it a psychological concept too. This is hugely important as it once again re-grounds the basis for gender in biological sex - which the Trans Lobby won't like, but which the Science seems to support.

3. mmj_uk

Capodecina

As I read it the biggest problem it highlights is intervening medically before puberty has taken place, puberty probably has one of the largest impacts on gender but children are being prevented from developing naturally due to early intervention, they aren't allowing mother nature to take it's course. Another problem will of course be pushy parents who want a transgender trophy child.

4. james.miller

Capodecina

It's not, it's called gender confirmation surgery now. I kid you not :eek:

5. Nasher

Capodecina

How can be it confirmation if you created the results yourself :D

6. aardvark

Sgarrista

+1

7. Twinz

Gangster

It's a shame that this even needs to be pointed out, but I'm glad they did.

8. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Is that not Confirmation Bias?

I saw a video the other day, one of those where young kids are shown something 'old' and react to it. This lot were shown some 80s music videos.
    Several of them remarked that the band members all "look like girls".

So if you're questioning your gender and want to swap, the easiest and cheapest answer is to dress like Bon Jovi!!

9. Orionaut

Soldato

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...boy-sexually-assault-50-girls.html#newcomment

I guess these days all the crazy woman has to do is state that she "Identifies" as a 16 year old Boy and that would make everything all right. (I am sure that there really are people out there in crazyland who would actually support her in this!)

Ultimately, such a statement is no less supportable than a Man "Identifying" as being a Woman, A Woman "Identifying" as being a Man or a White person "Identifying" that they are Black.

I wonder how far down this particular rabbit hole we can go before it bottoms out and some sort of sanity returns to the world!

:(

10. Hagar

Sgarrista

Harry Miller: Police probe into 'transphobic' tweets unlawful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-51501202

Speaking after the ruling, Mr Miller, from Lincolnshire, said: "This is a watershed moment for liberty - the police were wrong to visit my workplace, wrong to 'check my thinking'. "His solicitor Paul Conrathe added: "It is a strong warning to local police forces not to interfere with people's free speech rights on matters of significant controversy."

Mr Justice Julian Knowles said the effect of police turning up at Mr Miller's place of work "because of his political opinions must not be underestimated". He added: "To do so would be to undervalue a cardinal democratic freedom. "In this country we have never had a Cheka, a Gestapo or a Stasi. We have never lived in an Orwellian society."

Responding to the ruling, Helen Belcher, who co-founded Trans Media Watch, said: "I think trans people will be worried it could become open season on us because the court didn't really define what the threshold for acceptable speech was. "I think it will reinforce an opinion that courts don't understand trans lives and aren't there to protect trans people."

11. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

"I was assigned mammal at birth, but my orientation is fish. Don't mis-species me."

He ended up in court for that??

12. Sankari

Capodecina

[​IMG]

^^ Satire, for those who aren't sure.

[​IMG]

^^ This one is 100% real.

13. doodah

Capodecina

Please tell me there is more to it......

14. Steampunk

Soldato

This was a very interesting read for me. Richard Morgan banned from Twitter:

15. Angilion

Man of Honour

Wrongthink is very serious. It's disobedience and that's a threat to everyone. For the good of the people, they must be prevented from being disobedient to the state. You do not need to think, just to obey whatever the latest commands are. Not just in deeds. Not just in words. Also in thoughts and feelings. Obedience is safety. Obedience is progress. Obedience is mandatory.

16. dowie

Caporegime

He chose to go to court over that because as a result of that he had a visit to his workplace by the police and a phone call from them where they wanted to “check his thinking”. They also informed him it would be recorded as a non-crime hate incident.

Obvs he wasn’t happy and decided to challenge them over it.

17. Gray2233

Wise Guy

The 'non-hate crime hate incident' thing actually shows up on an enhanced background check, it could potentially damage someones career path or stop them getting a specific job.

Utterly ridiculous tbh, I'm glad he fought it, I think he's taking part of the case to the supreme court also.

18. Jokester

Don

This bit of it hasn't been overturned!

19. BowdonUK

Mobster

I should have posted my thread on to this thread really...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/police-probe-into-transphobic-tweets-unlawful.18878247/

I'm just watching Sargon interviewing Posie Parker for similar things.

When listening to these kind of situations the old phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" pops in to my head. I think the Police and whoever is behind this approach is thinking they are doing the right thing. I can understand it. But it's not been fully thought out.

I think the only time there should be police involvement is if a person is threatening to kill someone else.

20. Hagar

Sgarrista

Yes, I would go as low as hate crimes involving violence or threats of violence.

Not hate crimes involving satire or light mockery or invoking scientific truths about biological sex.