Transporting a motorbike

Man of Honour
just use cheapest man with a van (as long as they are insured, check that just in case they break it)
last one was local advert and £50 to move it about 40miles. He was semi retired it and did it to make some side money.

they'll also advertise specifically with motorbikes in the advert, so they have the wheel holder and even a winch.

Man of Honour
If you're on Facebook join a group called REAL BIKER'S NOD (Official) and stick a post up there's plenty of people on there around the midlands and you might find someone who'll happily do such a short distance for some beer tokens.

Associate
If your bike has a sidestand only, not a centrestand, make sure they know that in advance.
I had one recovery bloke who was stumped by the lack of a centrestand (I can only assume he'd been living under a rock!) when he came to pick up my bike.
In the end we had to strap it in all sorts of places and it still fell over!

Soldato
If you have a paddock stand and 3 ratchet straps that will do. :)

Bike on stand in centre against headboard, 1 each from each bar to the van corner floor hook and another across the seat to side floor hooks.

Associate
OP
I feel like I should have warned you that the RBN lot are a bunch of urine extracting ****s at times :o

No worries mate, its like most FB groups, you have some nice people and some not so nice. To be honest someone from that FB page is picking me up today after work and will ride back with me. Only thing is that it's raining in Derby and I've never ridden in the rain before :rolleyes:

Just a quick question in regards to the road tax. I believe when the current owner purchased the bike(nov 2016) he paid some sort of compulsory fee which included the first years road tax. Does this tax stay with the bike or will I need to retax it when I pick it up?

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Glad you got it sorted :)

Got waterproofs? Don't worry about riding in the rain to be honest as long as your kit stops you from getting soaked then it's not massively different to riding in the dry, it's the annoying damp greasy stage that is the most annoying but as it's your first ride you're going to be pretty cautious anyway so just relax and enjoy it :D

Back
Top Bottom