Travel Insurance for SLR's + Kit

Associate
Hi Chaps,

I'm flying off to the US for two weeks at the end of September, and I have recently upgraded / bought some new gear. All in all it totals 4k+ I've recently been to Hong Kong, twice in the last year and I've took out insurance each time however not many providers cover the total amount. My question is do you have any insurance providers that you use who cover for multiple devices that all in all would value around 4k+ I have considered the home insurance but I'm not sure of the intricacies involved and if the cover would be sufficient for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Associate
OP
most photographic insurers do it on an annual bases with a 30 to 60 days worldwide cover. People like Photoguard, Aaduki. But you can look at home insurances too, some have surprisingly high ceilings.

Thanks Raymond, I'll have a look at Photoguard when I have a moment. Do they provide month by month cover as opposed to annual cover?

Man of Honour
My gear is covered by my normal contents insurance (M&S premier). Maybe not the cheapest but the cover is good, something like £35 a month for unlimited cover at home and £25k of items outside the home. Plenty to cover my stuff plus my wife’s jewellery etc. Worldwide cover is included as is cover in a locked car.

Associate
OP
it's a 12 month cover, you can pay monthly or 1 lump sum.

Ahhh I see, I was hoping it would be a month by month Insurance.

My gear is covered by my normal contents insurance (M&S premier). Maybe not the cheapest but the cover is good, something like £35 a month for unlimited cover at home and £25k of items outside the home. Plenty to cover my stuff plus my wife’s jewellery etc. Worldwide cover is included as is cover in a locked car.

I think i'll look up the possibility of adding my gear to the house Insurance. I know its covered in the house but i'll look at outside.

Back
Top Bottom