Travel Laptop for video / gaming (long haul)

Associate
I did a quick search of forum and Google and haven’t really found an answer.

I currently have a surface pro 6 that I use for travel, to watch movies and some super light gaming. (Currently playing dark souls 1 at 800x600 and space marine). This works ok as I am able to charge it while on a plane so it can keep me going for 10 hour flights.

Issues I have:
1- resolution scaling can be really bad with some games not going going down from the 4K resolution making frame rates even on old games terrible.

2- the thing falls over all the time during a flight due to soft cover and kick stand.

so I am looking for a better replacement that can last during a long flight. Again for movies and some gaming. Would be ideal if could play some newer games just with resolution turned down. I kind of expect that a plane won’t be able to fast charge a better machine fully to keep going, but imagine if I could get something with say 2 hour battery that would then slow charge via say usb c that would mean I could get 3 or so hours then leave for an hour to charge (during food times) then go again.

currently looking at razor stealth 13, which is around £1k. When ever I look at this people seem to compare it to 14” laptops which have a lot better specs but worried about only getting an hour out of them before they are just a paper weight on the plane.

many help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Soldato
I have limited experience of using airplane power sockets, but I believe they are limited to 75W, so you'd need to check the power draw of the device you want to use and whether it can operate with slow charge.

The Razer Stealth 13 with 1650Ti Max-Q seems to have a 100W charger, so it might well only require 75W when running?

Sadly, unless someone can confirm (which I guess is what you're looking for), it might be try it and see.

When I was travelling a lot, I picked up a Nintendo Switch because the power draw was so low and it could be used while charging.

Back
Top Bottom