Travelling Advice:

Associate
Hi folks,

Im thinking of going on a short sabbatical later this year with the GF.

Only thinking of 2-3 months, so more of a long holiday i suppose.

We were thinking about travelling South America and are trying to come up with a plan.

The main idea we have is to do a months volunteer work of some sort, and then just travelling and site seeing for the remainder. There are a few sites, for the voulenteer type stuff, such as planned deals where its a set amount for accomodation, activities etc...which looks good. And the travelling after that will be mainly 'see what we fancy' I think.

So the main Q is about flights...

GF has had a quick look and a 1 way ticket could be around £600

Just wondering if anyone else has much experience or has done something similar and has any advice about where to book flights and get great deals.

Would like to stick to around a 2-3k budget ideally.

Any input appreciated

Associate
Would like to stick to around a 2-3k budget ideally.
Unless you plan on living the high life in S. America, there's no way you'll spend so much in just a couple of months; it's so cheap to travel in that part of the world.

There are Spanish language schools in most major cities in the region (except Brazil - that'd be Portuguese ;) ) if you're interested in picking up some vocab while you're there.

I'd go talk to your local STATravel for advice re. tickets, etc, they can usually point you in the direction of the best deals. You'll probably find it cheaper to book any excursions or activities once you're actually there, rather than paying a hefty premium booking with UK based travel agencies.

Have a great time, it's really a fantastic place to travel!

Associate
OP
2-3k was hopefully going to include air fairs as well, but we are still in the early planning stages at the moment. I think we will plan the volenteer stuff, but then take it as it comes with the rest, as u suggest

Soldato
paulhuk2 said:
Unless you plan on living the high life in S. America, there's no way you'll spend so much in just a couple of months; it's so cheap to travel in that part of the world.
Even living the high life doesn't cost much at all, I spent around £1000 in Rio De Janeiro over three months.
paulhuk2 said:
There are Spanish language schools in most major cities in the region (except Brazil - that'd be Portuguese ;) ) if you're interested in picking up some vocab while you're there.
In Rio and surrounding areas there are some Spanish schools.
paulhuk2 said:
Have a great time, it's really a fantastic place to travel!
I fell in love with Rio;)

Back
Top Bottom