Travelling the World

Soldato
comfort zones..sheesh, do you want to travel for real or not.

At some points on my trip I was sleeping in a teepee in a sleeping bag for £1.50 a night. Still the best times of my life.

Soldato
I have been saying this for ages still haven't sorted it out.

Keep looking into it, I have the £ to do it now but my comfort zone is so large the idea is daunting and puts me off :/

If I don't ill regret it and I don' want to be one of those "ill do this" people that never actually do any of it.

Simply put why????

Seeing sights most people only dream of daily ,meeting new people and cultures . Only stress you have is where to go next:cool:

Someone remind me why I came back :confused:

Associate
Think i can give some good advice for this as i am going in two days :D

Usually people go traveling straight after Uni but it is possible to do it later like i have.

I finished Uni, got a job in London and worked there for 3 years. Worked my ass off, got plenty of experience and saved everything i could even whilst renting a flat in Essex/London.

I haven't saved as much as i could by living at home and its taken me a good 3/4 years to get the money, but i have enough to do what i want to do and with the experience i have i hope to get a job with my company in there Sydney office once i get to Oz.

In total ill have just over 7k spending money and i'm going alone.

Any questions give me a shout.

Soldato
Some stupid amounts of money been quoted here, 170 Gbp a week including travelling costs easily cover it in SE ASIA. I was over there for 6 months did diving and had more then couple of beers every night.

In Australia I was living off 350 AUD a week , granted this wasn't travelling just staying in one place but still eating well and living good.

Australia you really need to be earning the AUD to have some good times over their IMO. Other wise you really are going to spend big bucks

EDIT this was based on travelling over 2009 and 2010

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom