Tribes of Europa - a The 100 rip off?

Soldato
Netflix Original tends to mean "a rip off of something you've seen before"
doesnt look terrible though

Often a it's not even a rip off but the same thing. They buy the rights to something that has already been airing for a few seasons then call it an orignal and list it as being new.

First few that spring to mind, La Casa De Papel, Cobra Kai, Lucifer. In fact most of the stuff on the platform wasn't commissioned by Netflix.

That's another thing they do also. Look at a popular show on another network and them make their own hoping to gain some audience.

Man of Honour
On the fence - my initial thought was it would be laughable but it looks like it has potential if handled properly.

Associate
Often a it's not even a rip off but the same thing. They buy the rights to something that has already been airing for a few seasons then call it an orignal and list it as being new.

First few that spring to mind, La Casa De Papel, Cobra Kai, Lucifer. In fact most of the stuff on the platform wasn't commissioned by Netflix.

That's another thing they do also. Look at a popular show on another network and them make their own hoping to gain some audience.
"netflix original" just means that its the first showing in the region where it is showing on netflix.
This is why shows that have existing seasons on different platforms and then move to netflix are still netflix originals.

Netflix got so big and in so many regions they were told that x% of there content has to be "foreign" so thats why you have lots of "cheap"copies of stuff you have seen as that is what a lot of content is thats not made for English speaking markets.

Soldato
First episode was ok. Downside for me is that I need subs as my hearing is rubbish and I watch later when everyone else is in bed. German/main parts are subbed which is great but the English parts aren't and they all seem to whisper!

Soldato
Well it wasn't the worst show in the world. Certainly better than that US show where there were some nano particles in the air that prevent anything electronic from working. I'd give it a 6/10 which usually means it's a miss unless desperate. No real point watching anything that is less than a 7/10 unless it's background entertainment.

The characters were fairly basic, and a lot of it was predicable. Couldn't really say who it's aimed at. Probably just exists for Netflix to meet its quote or German language shows. That being said, The 100 was certainly no better, perhaps sometimes worse in parts, but it had a hint of charm here and there. This show didn't.

If it makes it to a season 2, I may put it on a background noise whilst eating an early dinner.

P.S. Yes to Lord Varvara ;)

Man of Honour
Yeah that is what I'm finding - it isn't any better/worse than The 100 but it is lacking a bit of "something" which The 100 had. I'll probably finish it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom