Trouble cleaning my loop of a dull yellow tint.

Associate
Hi, I have had Mayhem pastel white in my loop for a year and have decided to swap it out for just distilled water. The trouble is after draining, flushing till it runs clear and then using Mayhem blitz part 2 running through the system for 24 hours, my hard tubes and reservoir still have a dull yellow tint to them.

Is there anything I can do to get them back to clear, or do I have to replace all the transparent parts?

Associate
Can you get pipe-cleaners through the tubes and a lint-free cloth in the reservoir? I don't know what sort of cleaning stuff to use on the brush / cloth. I read that white vinegar is too harsh to use on acrylic, so umm, dish soap. I also spotted a commercial plastic polisher called VuPlex, but I'm not sure how that would interact with coolant in a hard tubing loop, since it's water repellent. Might be OK to use white vinegar or Windowlene on the reservoir if it's real glass, but watch the plastic. Then maybe a rinse with part 2 again.

Last edited:
Associate
Can you get pipe-cleaners through the tubes and a lint-free cloth in the reservoir? I don't know what sort of cleaning stuff to use on the brush / cloth. I read that white vinegar is too harsh to use on acrylic, so umm, dish soap. I also spotted a commercial plastic polisher called VuPlex, but I'm not sure how that would interact with coolant in a hard tubing loop, since it's water repellent. Might be OK to use white vinegar or Windowlene on the reservoir if it's real glass, but watch the plastic. Then maybe a rinse with part 2 again.
Toothpaste

Back
Top Bottom