Trouble with BT Vision DVR T4000

Associate
Hi, I have a BT supplied (I have BT TV) DVR T400 made by Humax. Ive started getting a problem where when I turn it off (by remote control, not at the switch!), it sometimes stops recording. Does anyone else find that, or know how to solve same?
Its very erratic. Sometimes I will be recording something, with another program set to record later in the night. Ill turn everything off using the power button on the remote. Sometimes the unit carries on taping what it was part way through taping and also tapes what was set for later. Sometimes it just wigs out there and then and stops taping the current program plus doesn't tape the later one; I don't find out until the net day when I try to turn the unit on by remote and it doesn't respond. At that point its a case of having to flick the power switch.
Similarly, I can turn it off when its not taping anything now but is set to do so later. Sometimes it will, sometimes it wont.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it; if we lived in a Terry Pratchett world i'd say there was an imp inside it flicking a coin to decide what to do!
Would the answer be as easy as, don't bother ever turning the machine off?
As an example, yesterday night it declined to record a whole raft of space docs on National Geographic (a channel supplied by BT) and ep 1 of Batwoman (on freeview)

Back
Top Bottom