True or anti vaxer BS?

Man of Honour
Noscript is amazing, gets rid of so much crap companies put on their websites. Unlike with adblockers there is no way they can get round it either :D

But yea, how can a vaccine cause cancer lol

The vaccine was grown using cells from monkeys. Some of those cells contained a virus. As a result, some of the vaccine contained a virus. Some viruses can cause cancer.

So it's not "lol" material. It's a possibility. Or, more accurately, it was a possibility in the past. Vaccine production has, unsurprisingly, improved since then.

That particular case has been studied since, quite a lot. There's no evidence that the vaccine caused any cases of cancer. There's no evidence that the virus in question can cause any form of cancer in humans. In rats, yes, for some forms of cancer. But not in humans. The studies done imply that it can't, but the evidence isn't enough to prove that it can't.

Maybe, just maybe, that particular batch of that particular vaccine maybe possibly caused a handful of cases of 4 cancers that are rare in humans. Maybe.

But even that vague possibility should be considered in context. Polio killed a lot of people and severely and permanently damaged many more. Even if that particular batch of that particular vaccine did slightly increase the risk of a handful of rare cancers (which there is no evidence of it doing) it would still have been a good idea to take it because it definitely removed the much larger risk of a much more dangerous medical problem (polio).

Permabanned
IT'S ALL TRUE. Go ahead! Believe!

That's more vaccinations for me and I may actually live long enough to get a 3080.

Caporegime
The British medical association have approved many vaccines and if you speak to anyone who is older than 60 they will tell you the horrors of polio and various other diseases that have been eradicated in the past 100 years, BCG, etc. Yes some people get unlucky and have serious side effects but there's more chance of you being hit by a bus leaving the hospital than the vaccine doing you any harm. That's the facts.

There has never been an unsafe vaccine approved in the past 100 years to my knowledge. Everything carries risks including eating peanuts and paracetamol.

Anti vaxxers are a special breed. Yeah it's okay to be sceptical but if you think every government has colluded to create or spread this virus on purpose so they could then give them an unsafe vaccine. Why not just make the virus deadlier and keep the vaccine a secret?

I know there is free speech but it's mental how much attention they are getting. If you don't want the vaccine then don't have it no need to dissuade others using your conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom