trying to decide, R6, CBR 600 or gsxr 600

Soldato
Nice bike Tefal ! I really wan't a sports bike but i've never sat on one so I'm not sure as to how it would feel. Being a short fella I don't think it would affect me as much as a taller bloke.

Caporegime
OP
the cbr felt like you were sat in it nice and solid, this feels like your perched on top of it >.<

still done 140 miles on it today and am now very comfortable on it, don't feel like i'm standing on top of a missile anymore :p

it's done more miles today than it has in it's past year :p

Associate
I think mine before Power Commander was putting out 97bhp, after remap 108 bhp!!

Cake153.jpg

Caporegime
OP
nice how do you find the stomp grips? also next paycheck is dedicated to a nice exhaust. I pefer the tiny stubby ones that barly come out the side. mate prefers a long pipe and a tiny carbon gp can.

need ocuk votes :p

mates cbr 6 rr has this akrapovic one o nit and it sounds gorgeous, was pulling close as possible at junctions to get a good listen :p

Soldato
Yeah. If you have budget then Akro all the way. Sound great without being offensively loud. Also one of the few cans to give actual power gains.

Fitted clear stomp grips to mine a month ago. First time I've used them on a bike and now I'm a convert.

Caporegime
OP
how do you feel about those swing arm hinge sliders you've got o nskynet? not sure i fancy risking putting lots of stress onto the swing arm bolt in a crash.

Associate
how do you feel about those swing arm hinge sliders you've got o nskynet? not sure i fancy risking putting lots of stress onto the swing arm bolt in a crash.

I think if you crash and they take enough of an impact to damage the swing arm you've got bigger problems ;)

Nice choice of bike, pretty good price for the year/mileage too!

Associate
What size is that rear sprocket Skynet-T800?? :D
Just standard but renthal sprockets & Tsubaki chain.

how do you feel about those swing arm hinge sliders you've got o skynet? not sure I fancy risking putting lots of stress onto the swing arm bolt in a crash.
It won't harm the swinging arm as its loaded into the frame also, will take a good wack to harm that bike IMO.

I would recommend upper bungs as well but does involve drilling a bit of fairing out on one side if you get R&G's.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
wasn't thinking of it damaging the swing arm but damaging the /bending the bolt/bearings that holds it on. as thats what it's attached to.

Back
Top Bottom